northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2012 Winter Banter Thread #3

yoda

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gradient is the painful part. I don't have the vivid memories of past events like alot of folks on here but man, fairly strong miller A with an 850 track from central ga off of hse and we could get almost nothing? Pretty robust nw precip shield moving through tn and wv and we could get almost nothing?

I just have a hard time accepting reality I guess. With that being said, I don't think it's foolish to think we stand a decent chance for 2-4 / 3-5.

The gradient is the painful part. I don't have the vivid memories of past events like alot of folks on here but man, fairly strong miller A with an 850 track from central ga off of hse and we could get almost nothing? Pretty robust nw precip shield moving through tn and wv and we could get almost nothing?

I just have a hard time accepting reality I guess. With that being said, I don't think it's foolish to think we stand a decent chance for 2-4 / 3-5.

we won't have 10:1 ratios thru the event.. maybe in solid banding etc (should it occur). so i think to get to 4-5" we'd need like .6-.75" qpf or something. that seems a pretty far stretch based on the euro and gfs. not to say it's impossible but it seems unlikely.

ddweatherman sees some problems with the 18z gfs

ddweatherman algorithm:

IF

>GFS is solid hit

THEN

>NO errors in model or int.

IF

>GFS further south

<AND/OR>

>GFS shows sharp cutoff >SOUTH of ddweatherman

THEN

>GFS has int. errors OR convective feedback OR missing ROAB data OR GFS node infected by ILOVEYOU virus.

Archived