12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Weekend Disco/Obs Thread

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strike one seemed more humble than I'm so awesome... I'm only looking at the low ddweatherman is still hoping will impact us

nah i just wanted some precip enhacement, but whatever our only hope is cooler sfc temps with our solid NAM qpf to squeeze out a miracle inch and for other models to pick up on the saturday evening gfs miracle.

actually, NAM has those snow showers over us for 3-3 hr panels, so that seems like our best shot as some have said I believe

at least it will be cold enough

Is the 33 hr panel surface temp that warm? At least it is a better time. Just wondering if the BL is that far above freezing.

The NAM is running really warm, and yes sfc temps at 33 are around 35.5 in Baltimore.

For yesterdays non event I was at 43 when the precip started and it took 3 hours to overcome that BL and go to mostly snow at my house. I think 850s were similar but time of day was a killer. Perhaps we'll do better at that time of day. I ended with a slushy coating.

Time of day is one helping aspect of this one. Another very marginal event it would seem. On saturday, the snow fell primarily after 4pm. Yesterday it fell primarily from about 1 to 5 pm. We had good snowfall here yesterday, comparable to sat., but the result was much different. Maybe we sneak in a degree or two under guidance, no sun to deal with, and get a small event. I don't think anyone expects anything much. Maybe we at least get a taste of snow here and there before it mercifully ends.

I see some signs from the NAM that this shortwave that ushers in an arctic front will overperform.

The deep moisture at 700 mb is positioned over our area for over 12 hours and during the entire time,

the 850 mb layer is safely below freezing. Also of note the energetic 500 mb trough becomes

negatively tilted after sunset Saturday. Whatever falls Friday night into Saturday will probably be

slushy at best. After sunset Saturday evening, maybe we can get dusting to an inch.

Archived