• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Weekend Disco/Obs Thread

stormtracker

That's why what the 12Z GFS depicted for Saturday evening is the best thing that's been on any model within 60 hours this winter- finally have cold surface temps with a burst of precip. That extent of precip has no support from other models though.

I'm dying for phase like everybody else. I was hoping the 18z nam would bring it together a little better. It tossed out a little eyecandy before basically saying nope.

Unless the models are totally blowing the surface temps, I have to hang it all on getting good rates with an organized precip shield. Not feeling the love. Why does that sound so familiar? lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just another cartop snow event at best in NOVA from Dulles east. The past two storms for me--1) last Saturday all rain and 2) yesterday was 90% rain with 10% snow at the very end. NAM failed miserbly in both storms. Keep it real and stay with the Euro and cut qpf in half and expect temps to stay a degree or two warmer at BL than forecasted.

the surface was noticeably colder so I thought, hey, that's diff, then the next panel showed it moving ENE

meh

i think maybe the westward move of coastal precip is over and it might shift back east a bit in future runs. this run keys more heavily on the eastern "barrel" of the low. at least there's still some light stuff ot the west.

Henry Marusity's new map is the most loltastic thing i have seen this winter. It is in the banter thread for those that care to laugh.

Cantore was talking up a significant event around VA to Maine earlier today. I think a lot of these national guys don't understand how hard it is to get a good snow in this area. Of course, Henry is probanbly just hyping.

Cantore was talking up a significant event around VA to Maine earlier today. I think a lot of these national guys don't understand how hard it is to get a good snow in this area. Of course, Henry is probanbly just hyping.

I agree, i was watching Fox news earlier today with my GF Maria Molina on and she was saying it could be the biggest storm of the winter on the EC and i was thinking what the hell. But i don't understand how Henry keeps his job posting a map showing Baltimore will get 3-6".

Archived