12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar appears the bulk of precip misses us to the north. Not expecting much outside a squall here or there.

Edit: it's been snowing here for hours, but it isn't sticking to anything.

Looks like some good snow just to my north. Snow has basically stopped here, and there is barely a dusting on the bare spots (still a lot of coverage from Wednesday). I'm wondering if we get anything later this afternoon into tonight...we have lake effect to look forward to I guess. But CTP's 2.8" call is going to bust here at this rate.

My coverage from Wednesday is 85% gone, which is fine with me. Today's truck day for the Fed Sox, so it's baseball time.

As ecstatic as i was to see the O's ruin your season last year, (and indeed, it made all of the agony of the regular season so worth it) I am beyond frustrated with my joke of a franchise. To think of what the Orioles organization was back when i was a child and to see what has happened to it now is quite frankly, sickening. I'm so glad that I my kids have the same love of the game that I do and can coach/watch them, because if I only had the O's I'd probably be insane.

At any rate, i had a snow shower move through here about 30 minutes ago that coated everything, but once again, it is now all gone. Not looking like much from here on out, we shall see...

You read your scouts are now banned from any stadium in South Korea? Ouch.

Yep, I saw that. Also hearing Manny Ramirez rumors...disgusting. This franchise has been in rebuilding mode since '97, and their approach is to continuously sign players between 35 and 40 years old that have been knuckleheads in the clubhouse. 20 years ago, I went to 25-30 games a year. Last year, I went to one. I spend most of my time in Harrisburg, where I've had a partial season package since '02. Cheaper, closer, and arguably, better baseball. :whistle:

A few flakes flying. Nothing else at this point.

As ecstatic as i was to see the O's ruin your season last year, (and indeed, it made all of the agony of the regular season so worth it) I am beyond frustrated with my joke of a franchise. To think of what the Orioles organization was back when i was a child and to see what has happened to it now is quite frankly, sickening. I'm so glad that I my kids have the same love of the game that I do and can coach/watch them, because if I only had the O's I'd probably be insane.

At any rate, i had a snow shower move through here about 30 minutes ago that coated everything, but once again, it is now all gone. Not looking like much from here on out, we shall see...

try being a pirates fan... :-)

at least where I am... I think we lost more snow than we gained since last yesterday

Curved band moving south, edges approx. DuBois to Williamsport. Hopefully this will give us a bit more snow, and with temps/time of day cooperating. Thoughts from mets/experienced posters on additional accum. for the C PA area?

Wow thats a pretty strong band of snow dropping south. I'd be curious to hear what wsptwx gets from it. Not sure if it's gonna get State College, might drop east of there. Theres looks like theres a bit of some more enhanced snow in Clearfield county and NW Centre that may try to work into State College. Could see a period of heavier snow showers, but I would think a coating at most unless we end up blossoming returns like that band about to slam Lock Haven. That looks like a band that'll probably dump a quick 1-2" of fluff.

Saw a user post an all caps post in a least two subforums about the Euro Ensemble control run having a humongous storm.. so naturally I had to look. Best TROLOLOL of the winter. Bomb comes out of the gulf and thru eastern NC ala '93 before moving over Ocean City, MD and fading east SE of the benchmark. All of PA was hit pretty hard startin hr 186 thru about 204...if only.

Epic fail again, great stuff has passed us west.

Sorry, man. I wish it would hit you as hard as wmsptwx so both of our screwed over members would get it. Oh well hopefully the Euro Ensembles MAG mentioned are right.

As stated some near white out conditions. Guessing we have picked up 2" of snow. Hard to tell with the wind.

"And still snowing hard"

That squall looked insane.

Saw a user post an all caps post in a least two subforums about the Euro Ensemble control run having a humongous storm.. so naturally I had to look. Best TROLOLOL of the winter. Bomb comes out of the gulf and thru eastern NC ala '93 before moving over Ocean City, MD and fading east SE of the benchmark. All of PA was hit pretty hard startin hr 186 thru about 204...if only.

Models have been great in the longer range this year with a lot of run of to run continuity. Whats there to worry about!?

:whistle:

Sarcasim of course. There has been a storm of some sort on most guidance for awhile now so I'd say chances are good somebody gets a nice hit.

How are you guys fairing with the arctic front? Most areas in SWPA seem to have gotten about 2.5 inches with another inch in sporadic LES.

Models have been great in the longer range this year with a lot of run of to run continuity. Whats there to worry about!?

:whistle:

Sarcasim of course. There has been a storm of some sort on most guidance for awhile now so I'd say chances are good somebody gets a nice hit.

How are you guys fairing with the arctic front? Most areas in SWPA seem to have gotten about 2.5 inches with another inch in sporadic LES.

RIght now we have about 1/2 mile vis.

Archived