Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

Euro baby! YA!. Don't troll on me!

Ruh roh, we might need the Code Blue ALEEET for this one.

Euro gives like 0.4ish to both HGR and MDT, so def a lil bit better than 12z. Need to coax this thing up the coastline a bit more instead of the fade it does. I will say I like the inside track out of the Gulf (i.e comes ashore crosses thru ga and thru the carolinas before going offshore. A lot of times a nice moisture laden Gulf storm finds a way to strike PA with that trajectory.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruh roh, we might need the Code Blue ALEEET for this one.

Euro gives like 0.4ish to both HGR and MDT, so def a lil bit better than 12z. Need to coax this thing up the coastline a bit more instead of the fade it does. I will say I like the inside track out of the Gulf (i.e comes ashore crosses thru ga and thru the carolinas before going offshore. A lot of times a nice moisture laden Gulf storm finds a way to strike PA with that trajectory.

We got time for a change. Hopefully this is THE ONE!

To get back to the hockey debate since I was gone. Some stats. Keep in mind the Flyers and Penguins came in together.

All time points percentage:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/

Philadelphia Flyers: .578 (second best all time behind Montreal at .590)

Pittsburgh Penguins: .495

Playoff berths:

Philadelphia Flyers: 35/43 (berths / seasons played) (tied for most among all expansion teams with St. Louis)

Pittsburgh Penguins: 26/43

Divisional Championships:

Philadelphia Flyers: 16

Pittsburgh Penguins: 6

Conference Championships:

Philadelphia Flyers: 8

Pittsburgh Penguns: 4

Stanley Cup Championships:

Philadelphia Flyers: 2

Pittsburgh Penguins: 3

President's Trophies:

Philadelphia Flyers: 0

Pittsburgh Penguins: 1

Hall of Famers:

Philadelphia Flyers: 12

Pittsburgh Penguins: 16

Head-to-Head:

All time record: 139-87-30 in favor of Flyers (930 gf - 782 ga)

Playoff series record: 3-2 in favor of Flyers

So based upon these statistics, we can make the following conclusions:

1) Over the long term (existence) the Flyers have been the far more successful franchise and have done more with less.

2) The Penguins have spent far more time in the basement than the Flyers and being saved from relocation twice proves that.

3) The Penguins have made more of their playoff chances than the Flyers

4) Hershey is still the king of PA hockey and for many years they were a Flyers affiliate.

The point of my post was how Crosby plays better against the Flyers than any team other than the Islanders. Not the history. Of course the Flyers dominates overall. The Pens were horrid until about the late 80s.

Don't bring up playoffs.....I am still pissed about 1980. One of the biggest robberies ever. One word: offsides.

We got a week. Starting to come into play on GFS OP.

Dec 19 2009 looked like crap till 1 day out and look how that turned out.

Are you really going to bring that storm up in here? Really? wmsptwx, Hazleton, and the Clearfield-UNV crew are going to kill you.

But the Euro's looking good. Fingers crossed.

I'm not a premium member but I see that Steven DiMartino has already come out against this storm as 'realistic'. Funny that Margusity just mentioned the possibility of the storm, DT **** himself at 3:30 AM about it, but Steve says 'no'. I sense some in-fighting amongst the trinity, here.

The point of my post was how Crosby plays better against the Flyers than any team other than the Islanders. Not the history. Of course the Flyers dominates overall. The Pens were horrid until about the late 80s.

Don't bring up playoffs.....I am still pissed about 1980. One of the biggest robberies ever. One word: offsides.

Are you really going to bring that storm up in here? Really? wmsptwx, Hazleton, and the Clearfield-UNV crew are going to kill you.

But the Euro's looking good. Fingers crossed.

LOL...I remember that...I got a whole .8"!

Who cares about those clowns, we have Zak, JSTWX and MAG breaking it down....I'm going with the CPA boys until the end.

yep, i agree. + many others who post here in CPA. I learned years back, over at Eastern, if i wanted accurate info and NO BS, i needed to pay attention to guys like this here!

Who cares about those clowns, we have Zak, JSTWX and MAG breaking it down....I'm going with the CPA boys until the end.

yep, i agree. + many others who post here in CPA. I learned years back, over at Eastern, if i wanted accurate info and NO BS, i needed to pay attention to guys like this here!

Yeah, I also scrounge around the other subforums to supplement. We also have a few others like jconsur and Eskimo with solid contributions.

Yeah, I also scrounge around the other subforums to supplement. We also have a few others like jconsur and Eskimo with solid contributions.

i do the same thing, scour the other subs. i think after awhile you learn to listen when some people chime in certain areas.

I do too. And have a few favorite people I follow.

But am really appreciative of the contributors here!!

At this point...I don't think any of us cares who gets snow. Just as long as we get a storm!! :snowing:

I remember that Dec. 19 storm fondly - we were outracing it trying to get to NYC that morning to go see Prairie Home Companion. Left HBG around 9 with already 4" snow and got to NYC with nothing. When we got to the show around 6, it had just started to snow. When we got out at 8 to walk to dinner, it was snowing moderately and had a few inches but nothing major. A dinner later and around 10, we left to an all-out basic blizzard and nearly 12" snow.

I remember that Dec. 19 storm fondly - we were outracing it trying to get to NYC that morning to go see Prairie Home Companion. Left HBG around 9 with already 4" snow and got to NYC with nothing. When we got to the show around 6, it had just started to snow. When we got out at 8 to walk to dinner, it was snowing moderately and had a few inches but nothing major. A dinner later and around 10, we left to an all-out basic blizzard and nearly 12" snow.

Lake Wobegon weather.

Speaking of ol' Garrison, I thought what he wrote a while ago hit on exactly how I feel about hot weather:

http://www.salon.com...2/snooping_guy/

It is très printemps and vive l’amour here in the Midwest and as the Sun Belt descends toward its hellish summer, we sit blissfully in our backyards, inhaling the lilacs. An old friend from Chicago drops by and we mix up gin and tonics and talk about our children as the neighbor’s cat wanders across the terrace and a little girl blows bubbles and watches them drift across the lawn and crash into the tulips. A paradise time of year, which continues right on into October. How grateful I am not to live in Arizona or Texas. I visited Dallas once in August and made the mistake of leaving the hotel on foot in search of a bookstore. A person should never go around on foot in Dallas — the city was not designed with humans in mind — but especially you shouldn’t go outdoors on an afternoon in August.

To walk through this landscape of glass and steel and vast plains of asphalt on a summer day is to experience a foretaste of the lake of everlasting fire. No wonder the Baptists keep pulling in converts. I walked for a couple of miles before I saw a mall and was sucked into it and roamed around and found a bookstore, whose young clerk seemed not to care about books and had no particular opinion about whether the store had a copy of the book I wanted, which, it turned out, it did not. Her lassitude seemed typical of Dallasites on that particular August day. A great torpor seemed to grip the people I met.

I would not care to be a writer in Texas trying to write in the summer. Whereas, in the Midwest, we have a little end-of-winter slump in March, and otherwise the climate is generally hospitable. You can dress for any degree of cold, but past a certain point you can’t dress for heat. You have to sit in the fridge and wait out the blast. Our January blizzards get big play on the network newscasts, since blowing snow is visually dramatic and even terrifying (not to us, not in the least, we just sit indoors and read books), but it’s impossible for the camera to capture heat and the enervating bleakness of a mall parking lot in Texas in August.

Archived