joxey
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think DT needs to catch his breath, haha:

via F-book

Wxrisk.com HANS again weeneis forget that the GFS s and E bias which we saw ONLY 12 18 24 30 36 42 48 hrs ago is STILL in effect. Meteorologists do NOT. The s and e Bias does not stop simply because NOW suddenly the GFS has the solution so desired. If you ate the 0z GFS you STILL have to adjust it to the n and w ... which takes the 850 Low over or west of DCA PHL NYC and BOS

Looks like its more amplified than the 12z but still slides to our SE. Boo.

Fine with me. We shall get there. More steps in right direction. I heard it backed off through out west more which is good. Let it slowly come together. We don't want models showing bombs 4 days out to only disappoint. Rather it be not much but slowly trend to a OMG like 1 day out.

Consider me kinda glad that everything didn't suddenly jump on board ala the GFS 4-5 days away. However I would love to see the GFS evolution complete with that sidecar low as that would help anchor a decent precip shield for even our northern folks like potter. Most options are def on the table with this potential event, and shortwave issues will be abound for awhile..so expect a rollercoaster the rest of the week. I will say that if we can ultimately get this gulf wave to track inside (by inside i mean tracking a developed low thru GA into the eastern Carolinas) we have a good chance at a decent hit. That is an aspect that makes me a bit more confident in the potential. You take the Boxing day storm last winter for example which pretty much missed most of us in here... that was a storm that crossed the FL panhandle and turned outside just off the GA/SC coast before exploding and moving straight up off the coast. Simple matter of trajectory. You have a storm that cuts the corner and just plows inland from the AL/FL coast to say Norfolk, your going to at least get the southeastern half of the area with the expansive shield that typically accompanies this type of storm.

for me, when the weather gets like this, in my mind i start to ease out of winter mode and start seeing myself on the softball field. Its almost like i'm being tricked that its spring. I can smell fresh cut grass, i can see the dampness on my cleats for a early morning game or practice.......its almost like, like heaven...........then we get smacked across the face we reality that its only February, temps will drop into the teens and a storm blows in......but, thats just me!

Archived