• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow - Part Deux

Typhoon Tip

I wouldn't get too worked up with such model disparity. If we do compromise, it could work out well..even the euro pattern by itself was ok for New England. But the whole thing looked questionable and far from a great pattern...and had the potential to be worse. I just don't like seeing the AK low at all.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't understand why we have a nice discussion about the pattern going forward, and it seems to go right by people...but then someone like DT makes a post about winter, and all of the sudden..that is gospel..lol. It's like they totally missed what we've talked about.

DT did a fabulous job of making a name for himself through having euro access.

its remarkable really.

He has been around a long time now. I thinking he first started to get a lot of notoriety on WWBB around 1999. I know I was chatting with him in the early part of 2K during the presidential race on politics chat.

DT did a fabulous job of making a name for himself through having euro access.

its remarkable really.

The one thing that sticks with me is the need for a frigid Canada delivering air even in a hostile pqttern that promotes snow coupled with the proverbial holding high. We lose that this week so I think the next 7 days average above normal. Models have frigid conds returning to Canada after the next 5-7 days which suggests moving forward to February enables us to have chances. And look at what the widespread snow cover allowed the temperatures to do last night. I can't tell you how nice it is to look out the window at a respectable snow cover. Driving through the shortcuts in metro west to get where I neded revealed some beautiful and classic New England winter scenes.

The thing that I don't like, is that it seems like the -NAO is going by the wayside on guidance. That leaves us with all eyes on the Pacific. If that AK low realy gets entrenched, then the upcoming pattern in the 11-15 day and beyond may not be all that great. Hopefully the AK low retros enough to pump up a ridge.

The thing that I don't like, is that it seems like the -NAO is going by the wayside on guidance. That leaves us with all eyes on the Pacific. If that AK low realy gets entrenched, then the upcoming pattern in the 11-15 day and beyond may not be all that great. Hopefully the AK low retros enough to pump up a ridge.

If we don't have a -Nao we are f'd. No 2 ways about it . We need that or it s over

I urge people to go to the Utah climate site. I ran BOS temps, qpf, and snow for the period 12/1/59-3/31/60. A dead ratter winter end to almost end. And just when weenies gave up (I certainly had by mid February that year) we were hit with one of the great blizzards of the 20th century. The pain was well worth it. January 1969 sucked. February not so much...lol.

I urge people to go to the Utah climate site. I ran BOS temps, qpf, and snow for the period 12/1/59-3/31/60. A dead ratter winter end to almost end. And just when weenies gave up (I certainly had by mid February that year) we were hit with one of the great blizzards of the 20th century. The pain was well worth it. January 1969 sucked. February not so much...lol.

We're due from an e MA special KU of some sort.....the area has not been under the cross hairs for a relatively long time.

Jan 2005 is probably the last one that jackpotted the area.

If we don't have a -Nao we are f'd. No 2 ways about it . We need that or it s over

Well we can get these little transient ridges that go over Baffin Bay..or even just weak ridging into Greenland..just enough to help somewhat with pushing the lows south. But overall, it's a fairly weak -NAO and you can make an arguement for a + one. There are some signs the low retrogrades, so lets hope.

This could be quite the bomb on the Euro for next Sunday...the southern stream just wats forever this run and allows the next northern stream wave to catch it...it might be too far inland or coast hugging looking at it by 132...but hard to say. Details again do not really matter this far out.

Archived