joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow - Part Deux

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe, how much snow did you get up there ? My friend lives in CT and he received close to 10 inches. :sled:

8.0 on the nose, settled to about 6 right now, looks like another south coast special thur night, an inch tonight, life is good, nickle and dime our way to average.

Mega bomb FEb4 Blizz has the hot hand, follow him to the promised land, in the year of the se ridge bigger totals are verifying, copious amounts of moisture, Blizz 4 prez.

Does your hair tell you so?

No, careful analysis of all current guidance. You'll probably flip to a prolonged period of sleet just before the dryslot. It's going to be tough for you to watch the death band set up over the east slope with an extended period of SN++. Maybe next year you'll do better.

DT, LC, Don Sutherland--check out the main page under medium range outlook-doesnt make me too optimistic...Don also notes that the AO will not be as negative as once thought....

Don has summed up what we've tried to say in here. The pattern is shaky going forward with many questions to answer in both the Atlantic and Pacific. The -NAO looks weak at best.

8.0 on the nose, settled to about 6 right now, looks like another south coast special thur night, an inch tonight, life is good, nickle and dime our way to average.

Mega bomb FEb4 Blizz has the hot hand, follow him to the promised land, in the year of the se ridge bigger totals are verifying, copious amounts of moisture, Blizz 4 prez.

LOL..you gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.

As far as tonite goes...I'd fold em..Looks like zr

Looks more like a FZDZ thing.

Yeah..there could be some weenie flakes for a time...esp with onshore flow which allows ice crystalization at warmer cloud temps...the sea sassalt I guess is a better ice nuclei.....but they won't last long if they happen and we'll quickly have a warmer mid-level temp profile.

DT, LC, Don Sutherland--check out the main page under medium range outlook-doesnt make me too optimistic...Don also notes that the AO will not be as negative as once thought....

You need to stop being so schizophrenic.....first of all, no one should have ever been expecting Feb 2003, 1978 or 1969....odds are that is not happening, especially in a season of this ilk...so it should not come as a shock that the "Fab Feb" idea is folly. I mean, consider the source...

As far as the concern regarding the AO on the main page, what folks from our region need to keep in mind when reading over there is that it's all written from a MID ATL PERSPECTIVE....ie, the AO no longer looking as though it's going to descend -4 SD is a big deal for them, but NOT necessarily for us.

Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a -1- -2 SD AO, than a -4.

Yeah..there could be some weenie flakes for a time...esp with onshore flow which allows ice crystalization at warmer cloud temps...the sea sassalt I guess is a better ice nuclei.....but they won't last long if they happen and we'll quickly have a warmer mid-level temp profile.

Yeak like snow grains or very fine flakes. I was thinking about that too. Would probably be a thicker layer in the interior, along with weenie lift from the hills.

You need to stop being so schizophrenic.....first of all, no one should have ever been expecting Feb 2003, 1978 or 1969....odds are that is not happening, especially in a season of this ilk...so it should not come as a shock that the "Fab Feb" idea is folly. I mean, consider the source...

As far as the concern regarding the AO on the main page, what folks from our region need to keep in mind when reading over there is that it's all written from a MID ATL PERSPECTIVE....ie, the AO no longer looking as though it's going to descend -4 SD is a big deal for them, but NOT necessarily for us.

Personally, I'd rather take my chances with a -1- -2 SD AO, than a -4.

I also don't understand why we have a nice discussion about the pattern going forward, and it seems to go right by people...but then someone like DT makes a post about winter, and all of the sudden..that is gospel..lol. It's like they totally missed what we've talked about.

I also don't understand why we have a nice discussion about the pattern going forward, and it seems to go right by people...but then someone like DT makes a post about winter, and all of the sudden..that is gospel..lol. It's like they totally missed what we've talked about.

DT is a brand name....everrone wanted the Cavaricci sweaters in 5th grade....and everyone wants the DT outlook, not the generic CoastalWx brand. :lol:

The generic version is just as good and cheaper( more tolerable and not condescending), yet people are instinctively attracted to notoriety.

DT is a brand name....everrone wanted the Cavaricci sweaters in 5th grade....and everyone wants the DT outlook, not the generic CoastalWx brand. :lol:

The generic version is just as good and cheaper( more tolerable and not condescending), yet people are instinctively attracted to notoriety.

Or bum equipment sweatshirts that people still wear to this day

I think some people just have some preconceived notions about ones posting tendecies/history and ignore/glaze over some of the more pertinent/real discussion. Also as Kev has pointed out, hype sells. A lot of people only want to hear the posotive rather than focus on what can go wrong.

I just spent the past 1-1/2hrs sledding outside with my daughter. Awesome day out there.

I just checked on Dick Tolleris FB page and he has no mention of anything about the pattern reverting back. In fact he has a moderate chance of a moderate clipper low and snow for us on 26-27th

LOL, I remember those.

I just checked on Dick Tolleris FB page and he has no mention of anything about the pattern reverting back. In fact he has a moderate chance of a moderate clipper low and snow for us on 26-27th

Well I don't know what he meant.

Anyways, Don S does have a point. It's quite the model battle going on. The GEFS I swear are always the most weenie-ish while the euro seems like it was programmed by warminastas.

Archived