Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week ... Cold temps, but will it snow - Part Deux

Typhoon Tip

march is my favortite winter month.

Although the past few years have been anamolies it's one of my favorite months to ski in NNE. Even April for that matter. lol

Sugarloaf used to have trivia signs hanging on their lift towers and one of them read: Did you know Sugarloafs snowiest months (in order) are February, April and March?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good changes or bad? tell me now because i'm about to go to sleep! what will it be...nightmares or dreams?!?

Bad ...as is, for snow lovers. More amped. The problem there is that there is no antecedent cold, or too limited. Extremely complex stream interaction, and the antecedent conditions could be incorrect - if that is any consolation. GFS is warm as is, though - coming in stronger, so S/W delivers some latent heat into the W Atlantic, which then assists in bouncing the recurve more NW. If there was more cold, it would be a great 6 hour pop.

That would put any end to any debate about whether GC can hold snow pack this week....

Bad ...as is, for snow lovers. More amped. The problem there is that there is no antecedent cold, or too limited. Extremely complex stream interaction, and the antecedent conditions could be incorrect - if that is any consolation. GFS is warm as is, though - coming in stronger, so S/W delivers some latent heat into the W Atlantic, which then assists in bouncing the recurve more NW. If there was more cold, it would be a great 6 hour pop.

More 4 letter cuss words spilling out of my mouth over the GFS tonight. Awful...we can't seem to catch a break from these **** cutters! Verbatim GFS is likely a rainer for GC and all the way into ski country of NNE Thursday night. Looks like it could start as snow or ice for NNE before flipping to rain though.

Until some semblance of a -Nao actually happens...it's pretty tough. The weekend worked out for coastal SNE largely because it was just such a weak s/w. They had to get lucky at some point I guess.

These torches (even when brief) are just ridiculous this year. Last week I go from -12 to 43 and rain within 36 hours. This week from -7 yesterday to a peak in the low 40's probably over the next few hours.Torched right to the Canadian border. 48 now in Potsdam, NY.

More 4 letter cuss words spilling out of my mouth over the GFS tonight. Awful...we can't seem to catch a break from these **** cutters! Verbatim GFS is likely a rainer for GC and all the way into ski country of NNE Thursday night. Looks like it could start as snow or ice for NNE before flipping to rain though.

Euro is not as amped as the other models for Friday...it tracks it over Cape Cod...it probably keeps NNE all snow for the northen half of VT/NH...looks like some icing issues in interior SNE..esp pike northward after a bit of snow on the front end.

Euro is not as amped as the other models for Friday...it tracks it over Cape Cod...it probably keeps NNE all snow for the northen half of VT/NH...looks like some icing issues in interior SNE..esp pike northward after a bit of snow on the front end.

I'm glad we're not seeing the Euro as amped as the other models for Friday...This could leave the door open for the other models to come down off such an amped solution...but then again we could always see the Euro move towards the other guidance :arrowhead:

I'm glad we're not seeing the Euro as amped as the other models for Friday...This could leave the door open for the other models to come down off such an amped solution...but then again we could always see the Euro move towards the other guidance :arrowhead:

Yea, I'm a little more hopeful that we see a colder rain, while GC gets some ice.

Yea, I'm a little more hopeful that we see a colder rain, while GC gets some ice.

For selfish reasons if this storm is indeed a very late Friday/early Saturday threat I hope we get rain here...b/c of the storm this past Saturday I lost 9 hours of work as basketball practice was cancelled and tomorrow (well later today) my boss at the rink isn't doing ice maintenance at the rink and when we have it I work 11-6 as opposed to 4-6 so I am losing 14 hours off my town check next week which is a bit over $100 I'll be losing...not really going to like that for two consecutive weeks, especially considering there is this exercise machine I want to invest in (it's fantastic...my friend who graduated from WVU with sports fitness degree looked around with me...and said if I want to bulk up this would be perfect...it's $180).

For selfish reasons if this storm is indeed a very late Friday/early Saturday threat I hope we get rain here...b/c of the storm this past Saturday I lost 9 hours of work as basketball practice was cancelled and tomorrow (well later today) my boss at the rink isn't doing ice maintenance at the rink and when we have it I work 11-6 as opposed to 4-6 so I am losing 14 hours off my town check next week which is a bit over $100 I'll be losing...not really going to like that for two consecutive weeks, especially considering there is this exercise machine I want to invest in (it's fantastic...my friend who graduated from WVU with sports fitness degree looked around with me...and said if I want to bulk up this would be perfect...it's $180).

Its not a late Friday threat...its a late Thu night and early Friday event.

06z GFS doesn't even really get the southern stream vortmax involved at all on the Thursday night system. Just a quick shot of precip that is out of here by lunchtime Friday...could be some icing in the interior that we still need to watch. Maybe a brief period of snow at the onset...lasting a bit longer for NNE.

Overall not a very exciting system.

I think the euro will win this depiction too from a few days ago. I thought maybe the flow across the nrn tier would be progressive enough, but it appears the nrn stream will buckle just enough to force the low north into SNE. Not that it matters what op runs show 6 days out because that could change, but interesting anyways.

I am so out of the loop and need a whole lotta catching up. Glanced at the NAM/GFS and see what looks like a whole lotta rain. I see a BOX AFD that talks of advisory snow possibilities inland. What the heck is going on?xx`

There's a low probability for more snow/ice if some of these colder solutions work out, but we'll have to get really lucky to get advisory snow I think in the deep interior...might see more ice though. Hard to say for sure. Euro actually had a lot of ice for N ORH county and your area after maybe an inch or two of snow...Euro ensembles were warmer though than the OP.

The spread in the GFS ensembles do show that there is still a decent amount of uncertainty, but at the moment I'd hedge warmer.

There's a low probability for more snow/ice if some of these colder solutions work out, but we'll have to get really lucky to get advisory snow I think in the deep interior...might see more ice though. Hard to say for sure. Euro actually had a lot of ice for N ORH county and your area after maybe an inch or two of snow...Euro ensembles were warmer though than the OP.

The spread in the GFS ensembles do show that there is still a decent amount of uncertainty, but at the moment I'd hedge warmer.

Thanks, Will. Hedge warmer, hope colder. :)

Archived