joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 event

Ian

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preliminary SNOWFALL calls. Very tough forecast as described below but here they are, if you want another town/city just ask, final call will be tomorrow Mid-day. BWI-0.5" DC-coating, Frederick to Westminster-Hereford-Bel Air: 1.5". Southern PA-2-3". Confidence in this is low as of now due to uncertainty of cold air damming and the possibility of more mixing with mid atmopshere layers. Again in most areas there will be some ice after the initial snow and then some light rain or drizzle for some areas too.

That was my call on my weather page...

I have a hard time believing the NAM surface temps erode that quickly.....the low is better organized though

That might be why... the low is better organized and a lil stronger which warms us up a bit faster... though it does seem to keep alot of the precip in PA and the NW region of the LWX CWA until it warms up enough to give us rain... we reach low 40s

Ill take Forky's word for it:

mapgirl : (19 January 2012 - 03:33 PM) i just had to ask

forkyfork : (19 January 2012 - 03:33 PM) so in this case i'm being serious

forkyfork : (19 January 2012 - 03:33 PM) it's going against the euro/gfs/ggem/ukmet

mapgirl : (19 January 2012 - 03:32 PM) weenie phrase, or you serious?

forkyfork : (19 January 2012 - 03:30 PM) when the nam differs from the other models, it's usually wrong

That might be why... the low is better organized and a lil stronger which warms us up a bit faster... though it does seem to keep alot of the precip in PA and the NW region of the LWX CWA until it warms up enough to give us rain... we reach low 40s

coastalwx alluded to it earlier.. most of the good precip will be north of the low. the vort for this thing sucks. im not sure how much it matters tho overall. we're not likely to get a lot of precip either way. and the nam is jumpy.

Archived