Lo 39 °F Monday

shra50.jpg

Chance

Showers

Hi 52 °F

looks like a little snow on the gfs

bobryan is not excited

BobRyanABC7 Bob Ryan

Latest hyperlocal microcast only brief period sleet/ZR late Friday night. CAD will not be very strong so risk of icing DC getting lower

bobryan is not excited

BobRyanABC7 Bob Ryan

Latest hyperlocal microcast only brief period sleet/ZR late Friday night. CAD will not be very strong so risk of icing DC getting lower

Bob Ryan cannot pump iron like JB so i am going with JB on this one.

I guess this will have to be hashed out tomorrow...GFS is a pretty nasty ice event for the warned counties especially assuming the CAD holds a lot of places

The American models today have kept us in the mid-upper 20's throughout the precip until it is about to end. A lot better for ice accretion than 30-32.

I guess this will have to be hashed out tomorrow...GFS is a pretty nasty ice event for the warned counties especially assuming the CAD holds a lot of places

is 1/4" of ice really that nasty unless you're driving?

GFS same...wetter than euro...does have snow for some to start unlike Nam which is slower

but it's low is also stronger and it's low level winds are a little stronger which would suggest that the cold air erode a little quicker than the previous run. Still for guys near FDK, it's not a disaster.

bobryan is not excited

BobRyanABC7 Bob Ryan

"hyperlocal microcast" sounds like something out of star wars.

In our area it is, have you ever been here when we had 1/4". People drive like total morons in our area for some reason.

close probably.. i've been in several ~1/2"+ ice events up north without any real problem. the trees might be a bit weaker here as they don't get it as often. stay off the roads till they're treated or it melts.. not a huge deal.

depends...mostly affects roads....it wouldnt be major in terms of power outages I dont think

i like ice storms.. maybe because i dont have to drive. though i liked them even when i did. rarely do you get one that cripples.

Archived