Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 16...Snow/Sleet observation

ag3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me put out a weather advisory. Drive safely, especially on side streets. It just takes a little black ice to cause problems.

There's definitely dangerous traveling conditions outside, most of the streets are covered in a slippery dusting which I'm sure a lot of drivers were not expecting for tonight...

What about the forecast is a bust? There will be plenty of rain tomorrow.

Here's my forecast-no metion of accumulating snow-we have a 1/2 inch and roads are snowcovered...town is likely scrambling to get salt trucks out-tomorrow's forecast is fine-they bloew this b/c the precip moved in faster and is all snowhere

Tonight: Periods of rain before 1am, then periods of rain and sleet. Low around 29. Southwest wind between 11 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

It was pretty obvious there was gonna be some wintry precip pretty far south. Dew points were in the single digits and teens earlier this afternoon.

Agree, but the NYC forecast (I believe) for the 5 boroughs did not call for snow in the official forecast and for no accumulation in the official forecast.

Here's my forecast-no metion of accumulating snow-we have a 1/2 inch and roads are snowcovered...town is likely scrambling to get salt trucks out-tomorrow's forecast is fine-they bloew this b/c the precip moved in faster and is all snowhere

Tonight: Periods of rain before 1am, then periods of rain and sleet. Low around 29. Southwest wind between 11 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

That's nothing here's my forecast:

Periods of rain and sleet this evening...then periods of rain. Breezy and not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

So the part of the forecast that was a bust are the slick conditions that were not predicted for many of us this evening. No one expected to be seeing snow tracks on the streets within the 5 boroughs tonight.

Just under half an inch in western Putnam County. It's a beautiful night outside. Currently in the midst of another moderate burst of snow but it looks like our lift will subside/ move off the the east in an hour or so. Slightly longer for the metro. This first batch was mostly frozen but I expect some freezing drizzle and mosly rain/freezing rain later tonight.

The snow and sleet is coming down at a good clip it's about 50/50 ratio and areas are covered in about a tenth of a inch of snow and sleet Nws busted hard not even a mention of snow or accumulation in my forecast.

Tonight...Periods of rain and sleet this evening...then periods of rain. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

If you can do a better job, then how come you are not a forecaster??

The snow and sleet is coming down at a good clip it's about 50/50 ratio and areas are covered in about a tenth of a inch of snow and sleet Nws busted hard not even a mention of snow or accumulation in my forecast.

Tonight...Periods of rain and sleet this evening...then periods of rain. Not as cool. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Archived