CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Thursday night Special

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a snowy snowy week..We've waited a long time for this.. Warmup/torch PHAIL

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...

HIGHLIGHTS...

* HIGH PRES FOR WEDNESDAY

* SNOWY SYSTEM EXPECTED THURSDAY NIGHT LINGERING INTO FRIDAY MORNING

* BRIEF REPRIEVE FOR LATER FRIDAY INTO EARLY SATURDAY

* ANOTHER SNOWY SYSTEM POSSIBLE SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT

Nice. Your emotional rollercoaster has come full circle now, haha.

No I think a solid 2-4..possibly 3-5 event is likely Thursday nite.

Just like I wasn't joking when I told you 2 days ago we'd get 1-3 and you said we'd get nothing but ice

Any specific reasons you are throwing out numbers like that? GFS seemed to have the most and you love that model...

even the Goofus didn't really show more than an inch or so. Jerry seems to think the same, but I can't figure out why

Any specific reasons you are throwing out numbers like that? GFS seemed to have the most and you love that model...

even the Goofus didn't really show more than an inch or so. Jerry seems to think the same, but I can't figure out why

These late blooming clippers are notorious for not looking good up until about 36 hours before the event. the fact that the models are printing out 1-2 inches now..means they are sniffing something out. There's a def inverted trough look to it. I think everyone gets a couple inches...and there's going to be some zone that gets a nice 3-6 or something like that. It's got the classic look of some our nice little events of yrs past

These late blooming clippers are notorious for not looking good up until about 36 hours before the event. the fact that the models are printing out 1-2 inches now..means they are sniffing something out. There's a def inverted trough look to it. I think everyone gets a couple inches...and there's going to be some zone that gets a nice 3-6 or something like that. It's got the classic look of some our nice little events of yrs past

Thanks!

Your posts are so much more positive lately. Fun to be tracking legit things again

It's your typical weak clipper. Probably 1-3" of warm advection snows from the lakes into Upstate NY and that dries up with only minor dustings further east until it gets some ocean juice in the eastern half of NE...

So far looks like a real late bloomer....hopefully the seals in the Gulf of Maine have their snow tires on.

This is looking more and more like a ME threat. A little enhancement as the secondary develops overhead and out into Mass Bay followed by an inverted trough signature up into Cool Spruce land possible depending upon where that trough sets up. 3-6" type stuff up there. Negligible down here in SNE.

But, I want my 4-8 that Kevin promised.

It's your typical weak clipper. Probably 1-3" of warm advection snows from the lakes into Upstate NY and that dries up with only minor dustings further east until it gets some ocean juice in the eastern half of NE...

Pretty fair analysis. I'd favor further N given the location of the vort coming out of the GL.

Is it trying to be a norlun?

Not a "true" Norlun, in my opinion. There were some previous runs of the GFS that kept the clipper on a more southerly track which threw back a Norlun-esque signal, but that has since morphed into a track further north and the precip extending into Maine now looks to be directly associated with the main low as opposed to a detached trough hanging back to the west/northwest.

Archived