Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Thursday night Special

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the departure for the month down to now, +3?

I just looked, Sunday River has 76 trails, still short of the 70% open you were talking about in early December for Xmas week....did you mean Xmas 2011?

You would not ski any of the closed ones any way. I busted admitted it a hundred times, should I kiss your ring?

Glades and double blacks?, excellent. Yea man how much fun would today be, freshies and zero lines, heaven. I was going to Berkshire East today but sick as a dog.

MRG doesn't take days off for illness, you're not a committed skier.

The total lack of crowds even on the weekends really makes me want to go. May play hookey Friday and go if it snows Thursday night.

The Thursday event still doesn't seem terribly impressive to me. It still looks more like a fropa that gets an injection of moisture from se-s winds with very cold thicknesses. There is a chance it could blossom a little more over ern mass, so 1-3" doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. Also, some oes may get involved as was mentioned. There still may be a chance for the s/w to dig a little more south. This would be better because greater atl inflow and frontogenesis would occur..instead of a 3-4hr window of steady snows moving through. Will have to watch for that. If the low tries to develop a little south and we have a semblance of a warmfront to the south of SNE, east winds could bring ocean enhances type snows a fair way inland.

It snows and everyone is happy for like 6 hours and then it reverts back. WTF is wrong with everyone? The pattern is producing SOME snow. I don't give a crap if it's 1/2 inch...it's snow dammit. Who would have throught I'd get 2.2 inches last night? Thursday night? Saturday? Could be. You guys fight like old ladies.

The Thursday event still doesn't seem terribly impressive to me. It still looks more like a fropa that gets an injection of moisture from se-s winds with very cold thicknesses. There is a chance it could blossom a little more over ern mass, so 1-3" doesn't seem terribly unreasonable. Also, some oes may get involved as was mentioned. There still may be a chance for the s/w to dig a little more south. This would be better because greater atl inflow and frontogenesis would occur..instead of a 3-4hr window of steady snows moving through. Will have to watch for that. If the low tries to develop a little south and we have a semblance of a warmfront to the south of SNE, east winds could bring ocean enhances type snows a fair way inland.

Debbie Downer. You need some time away from these fast paced wintry situations.

What's with Taunton including "may need an advisory" in the AFD for both of these periods?

They're definitely getting advisory-happy with the lack of interesting winter weather this season, and now they're starting to suggest the potential for an advisory at day 4-5 lol. Someone is bored.

What's with Taunton including "may need an advisory" in the AFD for both of these periods?

They're definitely getting advisory-happy with the lack of interesting winter weather this season, and now they're starting to suggest the potential for an advisory at day 4-5 lol. Someone is bored.

Take it up with JoeD.

New NAM looks decent for Th night....if we get the snowgrowth of last night it could surprise but 1-3 in any case seems likely in the guidance.

Exactly, that's pretty much what most have been saying today, not sure what the consternation is all about on here lol. Plus there's some possible upside if things break right for us as was shown on the GEFS and GGEM.

SREFs like CNE and Maine for 2-4" with some higher amounts in Maine FWIW.

Exactly, that's pretty much what most have been saying today, not sure what the consternation is all about on here lol. Plus there's some possible upside if things break right for us as was shown on the GEFS and GGEM.

SREFs like CNE and Maine for 2-4" with some higher amounts in Maine FWIW.

SREF's imply 1-2" here. Where do you get the GGEM?

It's sort of an unstable look to the soundings too. High TTs mean good lapse rates in this event. Could be something where HYA is 37 and gets a good band of snow and goes to 32 or something. It would be better for the clipper to develop further se, for our friends in the se part of the state....and for all of us as well.

Archived