• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Thursday night Special

Damage In Tolland

The Thursday night and Friday system looks better for ENE than WNE (especially Midcoast and Downeast Maine), but orographics can help the hilly terrain out this way by squeezing every last drop out of these moisture starved clippers. As of now, I'm thinking a 1-3" event for most of WNE with some spot 4" amounts for Berkshires and Greens of S VT. Saturday event has some nice potential for a high advisory or low warning type snowfall IMO. Could be some taint problems in CT, RI, and SE MA, but we'll see how this evolves.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thur pm doesn't look like much 1-2 *maybe*

qpf for saturday is fairly light...nothing like the GFS...probably .25 to .3" qpf...maybe low end advisory type stuff verbatim...would briefly mix or flip along the south coast before tapering down

Was hoping the Thurs event got a little juicier..though i wouldn't expect the Euro qpf to really show it until 12z tomorrow. Still think that one is going to surprise some folks

Saturday event seems to be morphing into a 3-5 or 6 inch type deal.

Nice little week of winter this week. All we can ask for.

you seem like a very unhappy person.

LOL

The Thursday night and Friday system looks better for ENE than WNE (especially Midcoast and Downeast Maine), but orographics can help the hilly terrain out this way by squeezing every last drop out of these moisture starved clippers. As of now, I'm thinking a 1-3" event for most of WNE with some spot 4" amounts for Berkshires and Greens of S VT. Saturday event has some nice potential for a high advisory or low warning type snowfall IMO. Could be some taint problems in CT, RI, and SE MA, but we'll see how this evolves.

While no one wishes ill on anyone's snow hopes, words like these are music to the ears of GC.

Nice overunning miller b'ish event up here for monday but its stll almost 6 days out

Probalby cancel my flight home instead of my one out of town. I'm going to miss winter 2011-2012, ftl

Generally agree with this assessment. I'm interesting in if the Euro's icier freezing appeal may gain some momentum during the week, too -

That's about as good as your all rain call last night, payback biatch.

Oh Steven, 1.2 inches of slush does not constitute a winter, lol. Hey if the euro weenie maps come to fruition thats fantastic, gfs was sure different though, pretty darn warm, and this year until snow is actually falling from the sky I will hedge warm, its worked pretty well.

Congrats on the jackpot brother! I was out walking and playing in it all night it was certainly magical, all gone now though.

i said you to kevin were the jackpot? Not following you, and phil just said the euro was .2 to .3 flipping to rain at the end, I value his opinion.

You posted right up until it started snowing in your hood how you were torched. Euro weenie maps have been pretty good up close, let's revisit this Friday.

Oh Steven, 1.2 inches of slush does not constitute a winter, lol. Hey if the euro weenie maps come to fruition thats fantastic, gfs was sure different though, pretty darn warm, and this year until snow is actually falling from the sky I will hedge warm, its worked pretty well.

Congrats on the jackpot brother! I was out walking and playing in it all night it was certainly magical, all gone now though.

GEFS and GGEM both showed significant systems for this thurs event, and most other guidance show a 1-2" deal, not sure why the negative nelly attitude. Any snow is good snow in my book.

As far as the sat storm goes, there's still way too much spread in the solutions to get too worried about the details at this point IMO but it's a date that's been keyed in by the ensembles for a long long time so the potential is there for the first region wide event since Oct. I'll be skiing in NNE so I wouldn't mind it getting amped up to jackpot the north this time around.

GEFS and GGEM both showed significant systems for this thurs event, and most other guidance show a 1-2" deal, not sure why the negative nelly attitude. Any snow is good snow in my book.

As far as the sat storm goes, there's still way too much spread in the solutions to get too worried about the details at this point IMO but it's a date that's been keyed in by the ensembles for a long long time so the potential is there for the first region wide event since Oct. I'll be skiing in NNE so I wouldn't mind it getting amped up to jackpot the north this time around.

He's Debbie Joe a southern Belle.

36-48 hour TRANSIENT warm up with LL cold taint, helluva way to run a 70 degree torch.

Do you think NNE should shut their ski areas now to save the snow?

What's the departure for the month down to now, +3?

I just looked, Sunday River has 76 trails, still short of the 70% open you were talking about in early December for Xmas week....did you mean Xmas 2011?

As far as not skiing..doesn't look like anyone else is either. Still amazingly empty.

NWRYS_s.jpg

Archived