• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Thursday night Special

Damage In Tolland

It's your typical weak clipper. Probably 1-3" of warm advection snows from the lakes into Upstate NY and that dries up with only minor dustings further east until it gets some ocean juice in the eastern half of NE...

BOX disagrees with this violently

CONFIDENCE WANES AND

FEEL WARM AIR WILL IMPACT COASTAL LOCALES BOTH S/E TO ALLOW THE

TRANSITION OF EXPECT SNOW OVER TO RAIN. BE INTERESTING IF A WARM

WEDGE OF AIR PRESSES INTO THE INTERIOR JUST ABOVE THE SFC. MDL

SOUNDINGS SUBTLY HINT AT THIS. MAX TEMPS HOVER AROUND THE FRZG

MARK...WITH LOCALES S/E OF I-95 AT OR ABOVE FRZG. CONSIDERING EVAP

COOLING SHOULD DEWPOINTS REMAIN AT OR BELOW FRZG...HAVE KEPT MOST

LOCATIONS AS ALL SNOW. MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER A WINTER WX ADV FOR THE

PD.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a "true" Norlun, in my opinion. There were some previous runs of the GFS that kept the clipper on a more southerly track which threw back a Norlun-esque signal, but that has since morphed into a track further north and the precip extending into Maine now looks to be directly associated with the main low as opposed to a detached trough hanging back to the west/northwest.

well you go boy with that met analysis!

BOX disagrees with this violently

CONFIDENCE WANES AND

FEEL WARM AIR WILL IMPACT COASTAL LOCALES BOTH S/E TO ALLOW THE

TRANSITION OF EXPECT SNOW OVER TO RAIN. BE INTERESTING IF A WARM

WEDGE OF AIR PRESSES INTO THE INTERIOR JUST ABOVE THE SFC. MDL

SOUNDINGS SUBTLY HINT AT THIS. MAX TEMPS HOVER AROUND THE FRZG

MARK...WITH LOCALES S/E OF I-95 AT OR ABOVE FRZG. CONSIDERING EVAP

COOLING SHOULD DEWPOINTS REMAIN AT OR BELOW FRZG...HAVE KEPT MOST

LOCATIONS AS ALL SNOW. MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER A WINTER WX ADV FOR THE

PD.

They issued an advisory for a 1-2" forecast a week or two ago, I'm sure they'll do it for a 1-3" event too. Just because they are considering an advisory doesn't mean big snow. Also, how does anything in that discussion disagree with Logan11's 1-3" comment? They are talking about a possible transitioning to mixed precip or rain.

They issued an advisory for a 1-2" forecast a week or two ago, I'm sure they'll do it for a 1-3" event too. Just because they are considering an advisory doesn't mean big snow. Also, how does anything in that discussion disagree with Logan11's 1-3" comment? They are talking about a possible transitioning to mixed precip or rain.

I didn't say it called for big snow..He was implying as was Bob there'd be flurries and dustings . The mix would be for the coast. Just offering a different perspective. Looking less likely for any signif. snowfalls..but we'll see what happens

This is looking more and more like a ME threat. A little enhancement as the secondary develops overhead and out into Mass Bay followed by an inverted trough signature up into Cool Spruce land possible depending upon where that trough sets up. 3-6" type stuff up there. Negligible down here in SNE.

Cobb data on GFS is 1-2 in SNE then 5-7 on Sat, nice

What;s it got for us Thursday nite 1-2 inches still?

What type of qpf on Saturday?

thur pm doesn't look like much 1-2 *maybe*

qpf for saturday is fairly light...nothing like the GFS...probably .25 to .3" qpf...maybe low end advisory type stuff verbatim...would briefly mix or flip along the south coast before tapering down

Additional signal out around 108 hour or so...

Interesting differences with the Euro (12z) signaling what looks like an icing event with saturable RH at both 700 and 850mb levels, polar high damming in from the NNE, and a waves rippling out along a PB situated roughly alone LI latitudes.

GFS on the other hand has middlin sized snow event.

I guess we take 'em one at a time.

Archived