Chicago Storm

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you: 63

me: 60

NWS: 56

pretty wide gap

Always go over at LAF...at least that's my method. Though I'm always a bit leery of going "way above" when the previous day (today) overachieved. But really, I know nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just a shot in the dark.

I know of several golf courses that will be open tomorrow. January 31st. Can't remember any time where golf courses have been open every once in a while in December and January. I hope February and March end the golf season.

I dont pay attention to that kinda thing but Im sure that happened in Jan-Mar 2006, throughout 2001-02 and 1997-98, and several earlier winters as well. This has been a mild winter, but not record-breaking. Some golf courses will open as long as there is not snow on the ground. Im with you though, make the golfers stay inside due to a snowy spring lol. An inch of snow on the ground now, but should feel like spring tomorrow.

Pearson's at 20.8cm/8.2". Record is 52.4cm/20.6" set all the way back in 2009-10.

Meanwhile, looks like a steady stream of rimmed flakes outside. Probably 3/4 of an inch on the ground.

That's rough. Hopefully you'll break 10" tonight...hard to say if there is any chance you'll pull in higher than 09/10. That's a long ways to go even if it's only 10.6" still needed after tonight.

That's rough. Hopefully you'll break 10" tonight...hard to say if there is any chance you'll pull in higher than 09/10. That's a long ways to go even if it's only 10.6" still needed after tonight.

imby had already broked 10" and will break 12" with this snowfall. Pearson probably will break 10" but with them you never know.

imby had already broked 10" and will break 12" with this snowfall. Pearson probably will break 10" but with them you never know.

All them planes landing is blowing all the snow away from the airport before it gets a chance to hit the ground

12" is definitely better than 10"...last I remember you were only at like 4"...where did all this new snow come from lol

Yeah, like alot of winters recently, cold but not extreme. This winter is persistantly warm but not extremely warm. Lima, OH had 64 days of a high of 32 or below in 2010-11, 55 days in 2009-10, 49 in 2008-9 and 37 in 2007-8.

This year only 11 lol. But the departures aren't that impressive to the high side like 2001-2. Just above freezing way more than normal around here. Sorta like 09-10 didn't always have strong departures, but the amount of 32 or below high days was impressive, more than the colder departures of 2008-9.

Don't forget that the new climate normals went into effect this year. So comparing departures isn't apples to apples anymore. For example last year "normal" temps at TOL for January were 23.9, this year it's 25.5, so 1.6 degrees warmer. At CLE they went up from 25.7 to 28.1 ... a whopping 2.4 degrees. So the departures this winter look less extreme this year, but it's mostly due to the new normals.

Archived