Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 2012 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's better to have snowed and lost then never to have snowed at all.

This is a good opportunity for me to disappear for another week. Dwelling on this non-winter is starting to get to me again.

That's my thinking for this winter. It is what it is.

A little break will be good. I've kind of enjoyed not looking at any weather models for the past couple of days. Hopefully there's a period or two of winter left for everyone in the forum.

For us, while temps should warm pretty well regardless, how warm they get will depend on the development of stratocumulus.

DTX is pretty optimistic with their mostly sunny forecast and a high of 54*F, but I'm leaning towards climo and expecting a hazy day with broken stratocumulus tomorrow and highs in the mid-upper 40s. In fact, seasonal trends would support that too. There have been numerous days this winter where DTX forecast sunny skies and we instread had a notable period of BKN-OVC skies (Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Even immediately come to mind).

BTW, City Airport is at 39*F now.

Maxed at 56 today at DTW.

62 at the lakefront airport and 59 so far at CLE. Just shy officially at CLE for the record. This weather made me realize how much spring sucks. Warm, but too muddy and not comfortably warm enough to do anything worthwhile outdoors.

Reached 56 today with nearly full sun. I'm seeing a lot more grass now, but there are still 1-2 inches of snow covering much of my backyard. Another couple days near 50 should take care of much of the rest.

The early January warmth could be enjoyed more because it was also bone dry. This time there is a lot of sand, mud, water, and remaining snow.

Archived