Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z gfs is pattern change again....moves the PV out of Alaska and heads it east...

I think pattern change Jan 7-10?

how did the euro wrecklies look?

JI, are you saying that because HM posted last night in our winter banter thread the pattern would break down January 8 or because of your own research?

JI, are you saying that because HM posted last night in our winter banter thread the pattern would break down January 8 or because of your own research?

I'm not HM, but The AO doesn't seem tow ant to go anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully we'll start seeing transient -NAO ridges. Sometimes that can signify it breaking down..but I don't know...it's not going anywhere anytime.

Who cares? Give it the F up everyone. This winter is over. We are going to have a snowless , mild winter. The grass is growing. there's flocks of geese flying around **** ting all over everything..golf courses are doing better than retail stores at Christmas..mets are posting on Twitter about buying their last xmas present while their windows are down and their car thermos are reading 56 degrees on Dec 22.., people have roses blooming ,and there's bugs flying around.

Who cares? Give it the F up everyone. This winter is over. We are going to have a snowless , mild winter. The grass is growing. there's flocks of geese flying around **** ting all over everything..golf courses are doing better than retail stores at Christmas..mets are posting on Twitter about buying their last xmas present while their windows are down and their car thermos are reading 56 degrees on Dec 22.., people have roses blooming ,and there's bugs flying around.

Did I just hear Cybil?

Lol...don't bring us all down with you.

It won't run the course start to finish mild, imo. Not that that means much.

I can't argue with your observations, but this is just a MA type winter

understandably, you're not used to it, but they are good for the soul, they toughen you up

I haven't given up hope down here; we've seen this type of cr@p before and ended up with climo or better snow

hopefully, it does eventually change and we all score

fwiw, this winter reminds me of the opposite of 89/90, and to a lesser extent 76/77 in that they were both crazy cold (and snowy to some extent) then flipped to warm, the beginning of JAN in 89/90 and the beginning of FEB in 76/77

I so no reason why that isn't possible this winter and will therefore hold out hope for a sudden flip to cold

we'll see I guess

BOX is hitting the DEC 27 - 28th coastal with snow potential. It's on the GFS, EC and GGEM Op runs.. but looks warm with ECM. And the AK vortex is there, but a 1024 HIPRES to the NW.

BOX has a tendency to mention snow at least excuse imagineable around the winter solstice in order to cover their azzes.

nothing to do with HM....just seeing more consistent GFS runs towards the end of the period that show a different pattern.

Siri: should I use a toaster in the bathtub or a hose on the tailpipe?

Siri to Kev. There are many places near you that sell toasters, Bed and Bath has the best price, NAPA has hose on sale but jumping off a bridge is the cheapest. I will calculate a route for you to the nearest bridge.

Someone should text Kev to make sure he's not curled up on the side of the road hugging an old sandy snowbank for dear life. Snow is serious business.

How bout that GFS huh! Are you ok, I am sure you are certainly somebody could not become this mentally ill due to a miss on a coating of snow that was well advertised by models. Spend time with the family, sing Christmas carols you are grouchy and edgy and just downright meant to everyone you disagree with.

Take out some pics from last winter, light a fire, pour a single malt and remember the joy it brought you to sculpt 9 ft walls of sugar on either side of the driveway. Enjoy the pictures and know that one day, maybe not this winter but soon (Your boy JB is still calling for a little ice age next winter) it will snow again on the great Tolland peak.

We're obviously in a very bad place. If you told me on 12/1 that by 1/1 we would have a huge +EPO closed low returning to GoA I would have said you're an even bigger debbie than me.

Not to mention the fact the models are in good agreement about a pretty lethal +EPO/+NAO combination to begin January with no help from the MJO. Unfortunately we're going to need to rely on voodoo to do something to the stratosphere and just a total reorganization of the hemispheric pattern.

I see your making a last minute dash to win weenie of the year?

Not at all. I am f'ing fed up. All everyone has been saying for a month is just give it time..patience..Dec will be good..then it was Jan will be better..then it was 2nd half of JAn will be better..Now we've lost all of January..so we're left to hope and pray and stroke our weenies to and fro that Feb and March will be good months when nothing points to that. Sometimes you have to know when to deflate the teepee in your pants, roll up the playboys, and move on to something else. This winter is going to be one of the worst of our lives. The writing is on the wall. If people are blind to that..I suggest they start learning how to read brail

Not at all. I am f'ing fed up. All everyone has been saying for a month is just give it time..patience..Dec will be good..then it was Jan will be better..then it was 2nd half of JAn will be better..Now we've lost all of January..so we're left to hope and pray and stroke our weenies to and fro that Feb and March will be good months when nothing points to that. Sometimes you have to know when to deflate the teepee in your pants, roll up the playboys, and move on to something else. This winter is going to be one of the worst of our lives. The writing is on the wall. If people are blind to that..I suggest they start learning how to read brail

Everyone likes you but your acting like an azzwipe. Grow up.

:lmao:

Dude, take it easy. It sucks for all of us, but we get these now and then...it happens. There is no sense of weenie-ing out on the other end of the spectrum. It's almost Christmas..just be happy you have a great family and friends. I'm not happy either, but we expected this to happen sooner rather than later.

Archived