Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow at the 18z gfs. Best looking run . January is going to be a great month for snow weenies.

Talk about a weenie post...yeah lets base the whole month of January looking good off of the 18z gfs :axe:

That said, the 18z gfs has a nice snowstorm for day 8/9 just like the 12z euro. Kind of far out but that would be a nice way to ring in the new year 1/2 to 1/3 if the new years clipper doesn't work out since it isn't looking too good.

I want to ask a newbie question and it's probably really dumb. I apologize in advance to everyone who is bothered by it.

My question is about weather patterns and how they change or " alter" if you will.

I have read some posts on here--- usually a sarcastic tone in it--- posts that say Hurricane Irene's path has screwed up our pattern and this is the product of our crap winter so far.

I read others saying " pattern changer?"

I guess my question is can one storm really alter the pattern for future storms?

It just seems weird in the respect that, a storm and where it forms and travels to is a product of the pattern. It's just backwards to me is all. Thanks for everyones time in advance.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Talk about a weenie post...yeah lets base the whole month of January looking good off of the 18z gfs :axe:

That said, the 18z gfs has a nice snowstorm for day 8/9 just like the 12z euro. Kind of far out but that would be a nice way to ring in the new year 1/2 to 1/3 if the new years clipper doesn't work out since it isn't looking too good.

I'm not the the only one so I don't know why I am being called out. Really immature.

There is no fundamental change in sight over the next 2 weeks...if something changes it will likely be in the Jan 10-20 time frame. Climo keeps getting colder so the same pattern may give us a few more fleeting chances than it did throughout the first 3 weeks of December, but it still stinks overall.

There is no fundamental change in sight over the next 2 weeks...if something changes it will likely be in the Jan 10-20 time frame. Climo keeps getting colder so the same pattern may give us a few more fleeting chances than it did throughout the first 3 weeks of December, but it still stinks overall.

The PNA does seem to be getting more positive even though the high-latitude blocking remains lacking, so we may be able to benefit.

I want to ask a newbie question and it's probably really dumb. I apologize in advance to everyone who is bothered by it.

My question is about weather patterns and how they change or " alter" if you will.

I have read some posts on here--- usually a sarcastic tone in it--- posts that say Hurricane Irene's path has screwed up our pattern and this is the product of our crap winter so far.

I read others saying " pattern changer?"

I guess my question is can one storm really alter the pattern for future storms?

It just seems weird in the respect that, a storm and where it forms and travels to is a product of the pattern. It's just backwards to me is all. Thanks for everyones time in advance.

Merry Christmas to all!!

I can't see how one crappy TS could change it...

Would be nice to get that polar boundary south of us starting around the 30th.

The euro op gives us a clipper, but the ensembles aren't as bullish with it. However, the PNA does try to go + in the 1st week of January. We may have a couple of chances if that happens. I'm at the stage now where I'll believe it when I see it, but it's the best it has looked in the day 10 time frame.We still have lower heights in AK which may act to beat down the PNA so that's why I'm at the I'll believe it when I see it mind frame. At least they have a decent Caspian ridge too. So I guess overall, I would just watch the trends since fail has ruled the roost, but it looks a little more interesting anyways.

I was out with the dog for a couple f hours this morning and I began to realize how bad yes winter has been. At this point, perhaps a vaca to warm places is the way to go. Dreaming of sandals....or at least for the d10 euro to verify.

If January is skunked and February looks lousy, I'll root for Spring wx. No point of having useless 35F days. Hopefully the tide turns a bit in January.

It was very good imby.....1.2" in Novie, 20.8" in Dec and 32.7" in Jan.

No comparison.

Well, over 20" of the Jan total was probably the Jan 21 blizzard.

Wasn't really trying to imply it being similar. Did not realize Dec was decent

I had always thought the early part of the winter blew until Jan 21

Hopefully this can be like 2006-2007 and have a good second half.

Well, over 20" of the Jan total was probably the Jan 21 blizzard.

Wasn't really trying to imply it being similar. Did not realize Dec was decent

I had always thought the early part of the winter blew until Jan 21

Hopefully this can be like 2006-2007 and have a good second half.

Jan actually featured more snow, than Feb....Feb was a snooze fest, outside of the blizzard.....cold and dry.

Archived