Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan will not be snowless....I'll bet you an entire gtg worth of beers that I will not receive under 5" of snow this January.

Either take the bet or don't.

Like I said, I don't think the AK vortex will still be there by then.....and the polar fields will also give at some point.

I didn't see a bet

I don't know....the cold feels great right now. It's invigorating.

Is it me or does the cold this year feel "colder" than in other years? Its probably because of the torch we've had for the past 6 months. But I don't know, I've lived in NE all of my life and I just think it feels colder than usual and its only like 25 out. I can't imagine what next week is going to feel like with well below temps.

It just feels like we skipped fall and went straight to winter so my body isn't really acclimated yet.

Is it me or does the cold this year feel "colder" than in other years? Its probably because of the torch we've had for the past 6 months. But I don't know, I've lived in NE all of my life and I just think it feels colder than usual and its only like 25 out. I can't imagine what next week is going to feel like with well below temps.

It just feels like we skipped fall and went straight to winter so my body isn't really acclimated yet.

its 0 with a windchill of -9 here at my parents place, not outrageous for here but feels brutal given the season to date

thank god there is snow or i would kill myself

looks better in Alaska but disastrous in the NAO region

Yes...I noted that in the M.A. subforum just a few minutes ago...but this is at least a step in the right direction...its certainly better further north of the M.A., but at least it gives a chance with cross polar flow and stopping the monster torch in the northern plains and other nearby source regions...so when a PNA+ does come around, it has more to work with....or a transient or pseudo -NAO

Definitely enjoying the cold. And I can't wait for next week. But man, just to have a couple inches on the ground before would be nice.

Imagine how much more severe this shot of arctic air would be if 1) we had snow on the ground, and 2) there was high latitude blocking downstream

Yes...I noted that in the M.A. subforum just a few minutes ago...but this is at least a step in the right direction...its certainly better further north of the M.A., but at least it gives a chance with cross polar flow and stopping the monster torch in the northern plains and other nearby source regions...so when a PNA+ does come around, it has more to work with....or a transient or pseudo -NAO

Will, you act as if JI understands any weather map beyond surface qpf and 850 temps :lmao:

Archived