• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

Yeah for people rooting for +NAOs, I think you need to ask them how they thought '98-'99, '99-'00, '01-'02, '94-'95, 91-'92, '90-'91, '89-'90, and '88-'89 were...there's spome good +NAO years in there like '07-'08 and '93-'94, but overall they tend to stink....even for NNE...except maybe Vim toot.

ok ok ok

I'm not "rooting" for a +NAO...it can be a part of a good pattern sometimes. I am wounded from 09-10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ok ok

I'm not "rooting" for a +NAO...it can be a part of a good pattern sometimes. I am wounded from 09-10

Well '09-'10 wasn't just a regular -NAO...it was off the charts extreme and also west based. That has potential to skunk us when its that extreme and placed like that. However, not all the time even in those scenarios. February 1969 is one of the most extreme west based -NAOs and I'm sure many here would take that again.

Ah, Thanks for the pic. That would be welcomed.

Yeah its not perfect but def a big change...I think what we would see as we get closer is that the ridge will be pumped up higher into the arctic...being so far out always gives us a smoothed view. "Getting closer" meaning when the change actually happens...it might not happen Jan 10-12 like the ensembles show...could be a bit later, but who knows for sure. We know how they sometimes like to rush things...but the biggest positive is that we are finally seeing this on the ensembles just like we wanted to when those weeklies came out showing the ridging getting going there.

With the +NAO making a nice home around Baffin Island, I'm sure we'll still have to deal with the SE ridge at times and we won't see non-stop wintry temps, but at least this would give us some legit chances I think and make the cold intrusions more frequent.

Euro looks like the pattern change is right on track days 8-10 :axe:

The change is well beyond that time on ensembles...more like D12-15...and even that has already been said that its likely rushed. Looking at the D8-10 operational Euro is going to be completely useless if you are looking for any potential pattern change.

The change is well beyond that time on ensembles...more like D12-15...and even that has already been said that its likely rushed. Looking at the D8-10 operational Euro is going to be completely useless if you are looking for any potential pattern change.

the 00z ecmwf ensembles are much colder and slightly better looking than the 12z op anyway.

the 00z ecmwf ensembles are much colder and slightly better looking than the 12z op anyway.

The 12z OP ECM is absolutely brutal. Huge SE ridge at the end of the run with the maintenance of the Baffin Island/Davis Strait vortex...heights are also very low on the Pacific side with a low over AK/Bering Strait area. 850mb temps of 8C approaching NYC on 1/8, unreal.

Archived