joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Joe bastardi cancels January in the east

Ji

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well he hasn't gotten anything remotely correct recently, so that bolds well for a cold January

Yeah but there are lots of other people that have been saying January was toast for two weeks. If anything the weeklies look even worse today and the AO will continue to rage.

I think we have a shot later in January but it's brutal for the most part. Oh well.

Yeah but there are lots of other people that have been saying January was toast for two weeks. If anything the weeklies look even worse today and the AO will continue to rage.

I think we have a shot later in January but it's brutal for the most part. Oh well.

mother nature will do what she do and all we can do is watch. If its warm, enjoy the outdoor sans the bugs and sunburn.

Not saying one way or the other, but the 'supposed' cold turns have not panned out at all this winter. Now they are saying January looks toasted. Give me a break, long range forecasts have been pretty horrible this winter.

To be fair, at AmericanWx, numerous forecasters have suggested that December would be warm, not cold. In fact, most of the entries for the December forecast contest had warm anomalies for DCA, NYC, and PHL. So the consensus here has been a warm December.

To be fair, at AmericanWx, numerous forecasters have suggested that December would be warm, not cold. In fact, most of the entries for the December forecast contest had warm anomalies for DCA, NYC, and PHL. So the consensus here has been a warm December.

I understand how difficult and variable long range forecasts are, but I was just pointing out the expected pattern changes (step down changes) advertised by some have not panned out at all.

I understand how difficult and variable long range forecasts are, but I was just pointing out the expected pattern changes (step down changes) advertised by some have not panned out at all.

No disagreement on that. I just wanted to note that at least at AmericanWx, there appeared to be greater expectations for a warm December.

Personally I think this is going to turn out like 1949-50. Like that year, we've had a hot summer, followed by a torch October and a torch December. The only glaring difference is that November 1949 was cold up in Ontario. If the west does turn out frigid in January, while the east torhces (particularly the mid atlantic) then perhaps we can get a good february. February 1950 rocked in these parts. January 1950 saw a snowstorm on the 6th, followed by record warmth. Temperatures up to 60F in both Toronto and Ottawa. In many respects, the past few winters have resembled the late 40s/early 50s, at least up here. 2009-2010 was a near snowless winter in Toronto, trumped only by 1952-53.

Personally I think this is going to turn out like 1949-50. Like that year, we've had a hot summer, followed by a torch October and a torch December. The only glaring difference is that November 1949 was cold up in Ontario. If the west does turn out frigid in January, while the east torhces (particularly the mid atlantic) then perhaps we can get a good february. February 1950 rocked in these parts. January 1950 saw a snowstorm on the 6th, followed by record warmth. Temperatures up to 60F in both Toronto and Ottawa. In many respects, the past few winters have resembled the late 40s/early 50s, at least up here. 2009-2010 was a near snowless winter in Toronto, trumped only by 1952-53.

2009-10 broke the 1952-53 records, both at Pearson and downtown. And 20.6" and 18.2" respectively, while vile seasonal totals, are hardly "snowless". We actually approached normal snowfall in February 2010.

lol, I find it strange that I'm defending that winter.

Gotta get it moistened up for spring

Yeah, want some damp ground and green plants/evapotranspiration in the high terrain of Mexico, for a more easily breakable cap in Texas and Oklahoma, where the best YouTubes come from

Can't wait for Ian and Ellinwood's Great Adventure, Part Deux..

Gotta get it moistened up for spring

This.

Will be out for 10 days in mid-May.

Yeah, want some damp ground and green plants/evapotranspiration in the high terrain of Mexico, for a more easily breakable cap in Texas and Oklahoma, where the best YouTubes come from

+1000

I'm all for that, the farther away the dryline is from here, the better.

And we who roam the uninhabited flatlands shall gladly accept your offering. ;)

Can you tell I've given up on winter already?

Archived