• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

That october snowstorm really made all of us bitter.

Since I only saw a trace....does that double my bitterness or cut it in half?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I only saw a trace....does that double my bitterness or cut it in half?

I saw 4" with plows running around like mid winter, so you could imagine how bitter I am right now. Christmas guests left much earlier than expected due to this, and I slammed the door on some carolers a couple days ago.

Although the pattern is terrible, it's almost hard to grasp just how bad it is... it doesn't even feel like it since expectations have been significantly lowered this month, but this is almost certainly on track to be only the third December in recorded history to not bring any snow to Central Park, joining only 2006 and 1877. At this point I couldn't care less if January also brings below average snowfall, but just a few minor snow events would at least bring the feeling that this is actually winter and not fall extended beyond its calendar months.

You mean that Janice Huff isn't a real met?

She is. She went to FSU. I wish people wouldn't just discredit her because they dislike her forecasts. All it takes is a simple google search to find that she's a real meteorologist. (I can't tell if you were unaware of this or were just being sarcastic, but I see a lot of bashing and people assuming people like her don't have real degrees).

She is. She went to FSU. I wish people wouldn't just discredit her because they dislike her forecasts. All it takes is a simple google search to find that she's a real meteorologist. (I can't tell if you were unaware of this or were just being sarcastic, but I see a lot of bashing and people assuming people like her don't have real degrees).

Doesn't it make it worse that she is a met and she's so bad?

I really don't understand how anybody could be bitter after the last two winters. All joking aside, we had this coming.

You know that you are bitter. :whistle:

Yep it scares me to think she is a met, especially when a storm is coming and things are trending one way or the other yet she seems to have no clue.

She was calling for flurries on 12/25/10

Trials,

When do you get time to defend some one in court? It looks like you are a full time weather forecaster & a part-time lawyer :).

LOL, it would appear I don't work much huh? Smart phones alllow me to post all day and I am an excellent multi-tasker, so it gets done.

Right now I dont have a lot of stuff going on in the actual court room, but if I did, I wouldn't be posting as much.

Archived