joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the setup around 324 hours isn't terrible.

Man, another tough gfs run.

f324.gif

that's pretty much as good as it's looked in some time, and I wouldn't even call this that great looking, but at least, the ridge in the southeast has broken down and heights do come up over Greenland a bit.. plus the Pacific looks a tad better.. there is a better shot for the jet stream taking a more significant dip around this timeframe

Well, the setup around 324 hours isn't terrible.

Man, another tough gfs run.

f324.gif

I have noticed on a few runs lately of the GFS and EURO the slightest ridging into Greenland attempting to occur. Nothing major, but still something to take note of. It is somewhat more encouraging then anything I have seen in the past 2 weeks of runs. This might correlate well with what others have been mentioning, but it still seems a bit out in the distance. I hope it is a positive sign though and not just false hope. The pattern seems a bit progressive to allow for any amplification, but that can change. Give me a block and a bit more ridging out west and that setup would be volatile.

that's pretty much as good as it's looked in some time, and I wouldn't even call this that great looking, but at least, the ridge in the southeast has broken down and heights do come up over Greenland a bit.. plus the Pacific looks a tad better.. there is a better shot for the jet stream taking a more significant dip around this timeframe

Next time let me know your going to post this, you would save me the time...tongue.png

LOL. Tornadojay is a real gem to the NYC crowd, I am glad he posts more now, until that is I whip him in a round of golf and he hides in shame.

LOL.. thanks man! I wish I had more time to post. I'm finally taking some time off between christmas and new years. I haven't taken a vacation day in over 2 months.. It's been a long stretch. I hope something remotely interesting happens so there's stuff to post about.. I know it probably won't be anything like last year.... but at this point, I'll take anything.

As for golf, yea, you'd definitely whip me around. I can't imagine how bad I'll suck on the course.

Next time let me know your going to post this, you would save me the time...tongue.png

It's good that we were thinking along the same lines.. that means a bunch of us are at least noticing some positive signs.. while not great, positive is good, because sometimes those things end up becoming even better as time goes on.

It's good that we were thinking along the same lines.. that means a bunch of us are at least noticing some positive signs.. while not great, positive is good, because sometimes those things end up becoming even better as time goes on.

To be honest, I have been miserable the past two weeks. I am starting to come around though. It isn't going to be overly warm the next week, should remain seasonable and I don't see that changing much in the future. In fact I think things down the road are finally starting to come around. And with this cooler weather it is just a matter of time before we get a slight dip in the NAO and boom. I am officially changing my tune...thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

To be honest, I have been miserable the past two weeks. I am starting to come around though. It isn't going to be overly warm the next week, should remain seasonable and I don't see that changing much in the future. In fact I think things down the road are finally starting to come around. And with this cooler weather it is just a matter of time before we get a slight dip in the NAO and boom. I am officially changing my tune...thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Seems like a lot of people are its all about the baby steps!

It's finally been feeling like December the past several days; highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s. Broke out the winter jacket this weekend but today's back to the mid/late fall sweatshirt.

Yep and this weather looks to continue. So at least the cold is here and available. No major warmup in sight. I think the real winners this winter will be those who are patient. Some signs of high latitude blocking down the road and an overall more favorable pattern. It just doesn't look miserable anymore, and I think we will start to benefit once these changes reach climax.

I should be able to make it to jan 1st with no snow, but if there are no prospects by then im gonna have a weenie rage axesmiley.png

besides nyc metro only averages like 5" in December anyway

That's what we have to keep telling ourselves. Then if January doesn't produce, "Well, Jan only averages like 7" anyway"...and then Feb, "Well, most of our major storms happen in late winter, this is usually our snowiest period"...and then March..."Well, there's always the 1888 blizzard card that could bring us up to normal snowfall for the winter"....then April...."1982 anyone? Over a foot of snow in NYC!"...then finally May..."Next winter we're really due."

That's what we have to keep telling ourselves. Then if January doesn't produce, "Well, Jan only averages like 7" anyway"...and then Feb, "Well, most of our major storms happen in late winter, this is usually our snowiest period"...and then March..."Well, there's always the 1888 blizzard card that could bring us up to normal snowfall for the winter"....then April...."1982 anyone? Over a foot of snow in NYC!"...then finally May..."Next winter we're really due."

its the only way to counter this pattern, sadly sleep.png

Archived