joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLM's high was 46, not sure where he got his info. Either way, highs area wide were generally mid 40s, 10 degrees lower than that reported temperatures. Given the current synoptic set-up there's no way that number could be legitimate.

Looked at the 00Z report, it was forty-six degrees Fahrenheit, could have been a typo from somewhere.

perhaps we need to get Tim Tebow in here to do the Tebow bow.. that may bring us some snow.. anybody think he's gonna take down Brady this week?

OT but that is gonna be the game of the week facing a real hall of fame quarterback. I dont think he'll take down brady if anything patriots by atleast 17 anything less ill be shocked. Lets face it tebow is coming through at the end and brady from start to finish puts on a clinic, a true "david & goliath" match this weekend for sure

Oz ggem ensembles have a swfe which goes inland and the euro ensembles agree with the op. The gfs ensembles are south of the op and has a wave exiting Hatteras. Still plenty of tine for this storm. It all depends on how fast the energy ejects from the west and how much cold air there is in our area.

To be completely honest, last winter went from about December 3rd-February 5th. Besides one fluke storm, feb/march were terrible.

Maybe we flip it this year?

February was fine. A little below average in the snow department. Just because it didn't snow twice a week doesn't mean it was terrible.

Winter was basically from December 26-January 30. I don't remember getting any snow in February.

Why are you using the first and last snow events as the edges of winter? And you're not even using the actual last event either. December was very cold almost from the get go, that's winter to me. We also had a coating in mid December. Then we had ice storms in early February. And then there was 3-5 inches of snow on February 21st. I saved a screenshot of my phone from that date that captured LGA reporting heavy snow and 28 degrees.

I don't agree with that statement. I'm not going to get all excited over a few runs at 180hrs plus but its something to watch. If you take a look at the evolution of the CMC run, it't alot like some of our past big storms. Energy ejects out of the SW, then phases with northern stream energy over the MS Valley. Then bam. Temps would still be marginal in the city on this run, but its a step in the right direction. The NAO is forecasted to take a dip, and become either neutral or slightly negative for a short period of time.

nao.sprd2.gif

Ok, thanks for the input. We can only hope that something changes, but I am always very hesitant to go against the Euro.

I don't agree with that statement. I'm not going to get all excited over a few runs at 180hrs plus but its something to watch. If you take a look at the evolution of the CMC run, it't alot like some of our past big storms. Energy ejects out of the SW, then phases with northern stream energy over the MS Valley. Then bam. Temps would still be marginal in the city on this run, but its a step in the right direction. The NAO is forecasted to take a dip, and become either neutral or slightly negative for a short period of time.

nao.sprd2.gif

Archived