• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

What's so agonizing here isn't that we've seen a warm and snowless December so far.. It's that the prospects of anything changing at this stage of the game appear slim to none.. The models are offering no hope whatsoever.

Nothing seems to be budging.. It's as if its Groundhog Day and every day is a repeat of the last.. What's even more upsetting is that this appears to be going on throughout the country.. There isn't anything remotely interesting going on anywhere...

There has been no Lake snows.. the Upper Plains aren't even cold.. There isn't much snow up there either... It's as if, Mother nature decided that after several years of really active weather it was time to relax..

The sheer boredom of this weather pattern is what is most striking to me.. It's just horrible..

Jeff

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's so agonizing here isn't that we've seen a warm and snowless December so far.. It's that the prospects of anything changing at this stage of the game appear slim to none.. The models are offering no hope whatsoever.

Nothing seems to be budging.. It's as if its Groundhog Day and every day is a repeat of the last.. What's even more upsetting is that this appears to be going on throughout the country.. There isn't anything remotely interesting going on anywhere...

There has been no Lake snows.. the Upper Plains aren't even cold.. There isn't much snow up there either... It's as if, Mother nature decided that after several years of really active weather it was time to relax..

The sheer boredom of this weather pattern is what is most striking to me.. It's just horrible..

Jeff

I agree completely. Usually we get a few scattered snow showers or something in December, but this weather is simply brutal. Other than october snow, the weather since Irene has been extremely boring...i cant believe well go all of november and december snowless.

the lack of any true arctic cold air for any of the U.S is quite astonishing. While I realize it's fantasy land, take a look at the projected 850 temp maps for the days just after Christmas... Honestly, If you took the date off the map, you'd think it might be late October or early November. It looks like, globally, the low heights across Greenland finally fade away, but wow, where has the coldest air globally moved to. It's like its non-existant.

I used to be able to go wunderground and check temps throughout the world, EASILY.. I can't find the link to check temps throughout sibera etc..

So perhaps someone can provide the a line.. In any event, is it cold anywhere in the northern hemisphere, or has Global warning totally taken winter and thrown it out- throughout the northern hemisphere.

Jeff..

I used to be able to go wunderground and check temps throughout the world, EASILY.. I can't find the link to check temps throughout sibera etc..

So perhaps someone can provide the a line.. In any event, is it cold anywhere in the northern hemisphere, or has Global warning totally taken winter and thrown it out- throughout the northern hemisphere.

Jeff..

What? this comment makes no sense. Alaska had one of the coldest november/early decembers in their history. The temp went down to -50 in alaska in november....how could global warming be in effect if colder air was already here this winter...and global warming only warms temps around 5 degrees in the arctic so far (most anywhere on the planet however)...we dont need it to be -25 to get snow here, all we need is 32 for a real sticking event and we are solid, there is plenty of cold air in the northern hemisphere to swing through and give us that.

I guess Canada isnt subject to this "global warming" Its plenty cold up there by the looks of this map..

cn_st.gif

Jeff..

Jeff..

12Z SYNOP observations

He's a good poster in my book. smile.png

It's like having Al Leiter up at the plate and trials predicting an out. You may see Leiter during batting practice and see him hit a few shots, and think well, this might just happen. Trials knows though, that bar the very rare blooper, Al Leiter was a terrible batter.

We are in an Al Leiter pattern. Last winter we were in a Bonds pattern. All pumped up on steroids...but it wasnt to be, it was too good to be true, and that is why it wont be repeated for a very very long time...we just need to put some hitters in the batters box and not these pitchers!

Pretty sure trials has a 100% record this winter...not that its that hard to do when there are two or three possible threats, but still...

His short range predictions have been spot on, but even a novice like myself could have told you the metro area wouldn't see snow with the past few "threats" we've seen. I'm still mad at him for getting me excited about an early December storm way back in early-mid November. That one didn't materialize so well. I'll keep the faith with the mid-January idea though.

Archived