wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude..youve racked up quite a few weenie votes, youll be on your way to semis for sure...

people are just doing it to be stupid now. And floodfan has one vote while he sits here every rain storm and tells us how new jersey is about to fall into the ocean from all the rain.

But is there any precip? Before that, it looks like the CMC with a front passing through. Euro shows -12c 850s at hour 216, but I won't say brrrrr until I know the surface temp - LOL.

I doubt there is any precipitation after it is cold enough, not that it matters. It looks like a classic case of an Arctic high building in after a storm that cuts to our NW. It's nice to see, even though it probably won't happen.

I doubt there is any precipitation after it is cold enough, not that it matters. It looks like a classic case of an Arctic high building in after a storm that cuts to our NW. It's nice to see, even though it probably won't happen.

The cold could happen for sure, but now I'm really wondering about any storm in that time frame. Maybe after it we get set up.

the euro not only doesn't give us snow with that big storm but as a double kick to the groin it says I am going to give you an east based NAO at the end of the run so the next short wave that comes through is going to be surpressed.

Stupid pattern.

A -NAO is at least a step, and the way the models are changing, who knows what comes.

the euro not only doesn't give us snow with that big storm but as a double kick to the groin it says I am going to give you an east based NAO at the end of the run so the next short wave that comes through is going to be surpressed.

Stupid pattern.

I think its prudent to point out there is a connection of the west coast ridge and ridging coming across the north pole from the other side of the globe.

Yes that's nice but all that does is give us cold. We want the ridging in the Atlantic to work west.

I honestly have a hard time believing we cant get snow without a -nao. There are other patterns and regimes that we can get snow here. When you have a -pna +ao and a +nao obviously your in trouble, but when you start to shift the pna and ao and get cold out here, chances are something will come along to bring some snow even if its light.

I honestly have a hard time believing we cant get snow without a -nao. There are other patterns and regimes that we can get snow here. When you have a -pna +ao and a +nao obviously your in trouble, but when you start to shift the pna and ao and get cold out here, chances are something will come along to bring some snow even if its light.

It can snow but we won't see anything substantial and we may waste the ridge connection you aptly point out

The worst part of an east based -NAO aside from the supression is that metfan will post the stupid nao charts and with a :thumbsup: and then when the storm misses there will be ten posts about how we have a -NAO and it didn't work out while a handful of us try to explain what went wrong.

yeah, how he is still allowed to post is beyond me, regardless of how long he has been around.

plus I-95 in DC is like Miami compared to around here.

LOL

It's a bad sign when areas in central New England are worried about rain/snow line in upcoming storms. We are like Miami, compared to them also.

It's a bad sign when areas in central New England are worried about rain/snow line in upcoming storms. We are like Miami, compared to them also.

The upcoming storms suck, but give me a break, no snow till next winter? Maybe for DC, probably likely given what it takes for them to get snow, but even if we are like Miami compared to New England saying no snow for all I-95 till next winter is just pathetic.

EDIT: I should probably look to see if he said that now that I have gone off on it.

SECOND EDIT: Yup, he said it, lol

if DC doesnt get a raging Nino with blocking, major major blocking and confluence, they have no chance at a big winter. Much easier to get snow here than there, and much easier to get snow in new england than here.

Uh, you are dead wrong.

DC and NYC have had similar snow climos until this past decade--NYC had an average of just over 20" from the 70s through the 90s.

People here are delusional in thinking that NYC is some kind of snow mecca; it is not. This past decade has caused major hallucinations re: what climo here is.

I can't wait till we see another decade like the 80s where DC received more than NYC almost every year. :wub:

Archived