e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not all that excited by the new years threat. Very dependant on the low in advance of it that rapidly intensifies as it heads northeast. It prevents the hp from departing therefore acting as a pseudo block which in turn prevents the trough from going negative to early and the hgts from rising. If it does not occur as verbatim the shortwave would amplify early and bring a rainy solution. The higher hgts out west also help, but I would like to see a more amplified ridge. However, taken verbatim the following weekend at 288 hrs is the best setup at h5 I have seen so far this winter, similar to halloween. This parade of storms is constructive because it helps alter the pattern synoptically, even if we have to suffer through some rain storms. That being said 288 is far out and lots can change, but if support grows and models remain consistent...WOOF! Overall there were some impressive and encouraging changes, especially with signs of high latitude blocking. Merry Christmas! I wish you all snow and hope the encouraging signs are REAL.

The high over Eastern Queebec/New Brunswick, is not good spot for us. There's no arctic air with it either.

But it's the 18z GFS at 180hrs, so who cares?

i guess you'd want a high more south and west and to have arctic air with it but we can't be greedy :P

i have a better chance of getting with beyonce than the gfs being right at that timeframe tho lol

I think the best thing I have seen on these recent runs is more of a ridge across the western US. Even if the New Years storm ends up being warm, could this be the beginning of a changing flow pattern across the northern Hemisphere? If this system does happen and its a bit warmer then we would like, maybe we see this buckle the flow and a better positioning of features across the hemisphere. We shall see. As many have said, the change will be gradual if it happens. Happy Holidays everyone!!

I think the best thing I have seen on these recent runs is more of a ridge across the western US. Even if the New Years storm ends up being warm, could this be the beginning of a changing flow pattern across the northern Hemisphere? If this system does happen and its a bit warmer then we would like, maybe we see this buckle the flow and a better positioning of features across the hemisphere. We shall see. As many have said, the change will be gradual if it happens. Happy Holidays everyone!!

I've been thinking it has more potential to be a pattern changer than snowstorm for us. Especially if it cuts inland.

The high over Eastern Queebec/New Brunswick, is not good spot for us. There's no arctic air with it either.

But it's the 18z GFS at 180hrs, so who cares?

The high is fine that far out, best thing is it isn't off the coast, its stays north of the border

looks like its "blocked" in by the height anomolies in south of the strait

honestly, its too far out to be over critical or excited its just something to track

Archived