CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Second Half of December Weather Banter and Obs

TheTrials

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the entire airmass gets cooled before the storm comes too, its super amplified so it cuts and then closes off but hmm, euro and gfs signaling something atleast

oh, that has snow on front end before the flooding rains and hurricane force winds.

The wind weenies would love that storm.

This is brutal. Not even a F*cking snow shower or anything all of november or december. Its astounding. I forgot how bad it can be, this is absolutely miserable. Has to be one of the worst stretches i can remember. As a kid we usually got a few snow showers here and there, i dont remember anything quite like this. There is no sign of a pattern change or a real storm to track. As i said, ill see if i can find some snow when im in hawaii...

Thanks. It's fair to say the NYC area average 26" or so.

What would be the number for DC? 17"?

Also, how far is appropriate? Areas of extreme NE Queens and north shore of Nassau Counties, average 27"-31".

Average Annual Snowfall since the 1963-64 Winter

Measurements at Dulles Begin

(47 Seasons)

(Omits 2010-11 Season)

Upton, Long Island: 31.3"

Washington Dulles: 22.8"

Washington National: 16.5"

That's no elevation, close to water Upton, 60 miles east of NYC.

Average Annual Snowfall since the 1963-64 Winter

Measurements at Dulles Begin

(47 Seasons)

(Omits 2010-11 Season)

Upton, Long Island: 31.3"

Washington Dulles: 22.8"

Washington National: 16.5"

That's no elevation, close to water Upton, 60 miles east of NYC.

But William, the mountains at 2000 feet in West Virginia get 200 inches of snow and never break 0 degrees from November 1 through April 1

This is brutal. Not even a F*cking snow shower or anything all of november or december. Its astounding. I forgot how bad it can be, this is absolutely miserable. Has to be one of the worst stretches i can remember. As a kid we usually got a few snow showers here and there, i dont remember anything quite like this. There is no sign of a pattern change or a real storm to track. As i said, ill see if i can find some snow when im in hawaii...

If you live on Long Island, you should never expect snow in Dec, and if you get it, it is a bonus.If we get a repeat in January, then I would agree with"one of the worst stretches".

But William, the mountains at 2000 feet in West Virginia get 200 inches of snow and never break 0 degrees from November 1 through April 1

That Garret County comment (Pazzo, was it?) was weird...might as well say Mt Greylock is representative of NYC....since this is like round 53 of this debate...its getting a little hackneyed....

Archived