• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Early December Pattern Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

GFS loves to speed up the nrn stream sometimes.

Will be interesting to see the euro. I'm not shocked by something like that, but it really is threading the needle..lol. Makes me think that solution right there is hard to believe at this moment...but we'll see.

I'm actually intrigued for the circumstance(s) of the jet dynamics running down the Canadian Rockies cordillera over the last 24 hours where there is a narrow region of relative data sparseness - now circumstantially corrected because said dynamics has re-entered denser sampling. If the Euro follows suit I'd suggest folks bite hard.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually intrigued for the circumstance(s) of the jet dynamics running down the Canadian Rockies cordillera over the last 24 hours where there is a narrow region of relative data sparseness - now circumstantially corrected because said dynamics has re-entered denser sampling. If the Euro follows suit I'd suggest folks bite hard.

It appears that the southern system will be out of phase on the euro based on the look through 66 hours and the solution will be well east of the GFS.

Mostly because of climo...but the overall setup was not that bad for the Oct storm...we had a little block north of us. This pattern is garbage. Such a narrow window for accumulating snow...so I'm betting against it.

We might have some flurries in the air with the cold shots, but that is not exciting to track for most people. Most want realistic accumulating snow.

Well said Will, well said.

Do you enjoy cold rain.....I mean, I guess this way we at least have some small chance, but if you alloted me the opportinity to choose between the two forms of sensible weather, then I would go against the 23* sunshine\45*rain, rinse-repeat cycle.

Most should learn to hate the coldish rain, I would rather have warm rain if we must have rain vs. snow.

The 12z ECM looks terrible at the end with a massive vortex over AK North Slope/Beaufort Sea and little blocking over the Arctic. All of the CONUS is starting to torch in the +EPO/+NAO pattern that HM may have hinted at during this time period.

I really believe we have one more inferno coming and then we can hope for January.

Archived