Newest Member
    Toothache
Early December Pattern Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You always want to take my snow.

Lol...I wish it would happen. I get croaked on the GFS, but its a very low probability storm. The pattern is crap so this has to find a perfect medium between the meatgrinder PV to the NW and being too far SE.

At least there is an outside chance unlike the monster lakes cutters we've seen recently...but that's about all we can say on this system. It was hard to be any worse off than we were, so I guess even an outside shot is a nice change.

im guessing a handful of gfs member are again like the op...

Yeah the mean is pretty close to the OP...maybe a bit SE and colder which is no surprise...but I don't think this means much of anything at this point. I'd want to see other guidance actually endorsing this perfect medium between a stronger shortwave but also the PV grinding it up enough to keep it southeast for a narrow stripe of winter precip...

Yeah the mean is pretty close to the OP...maybe a bit SE and colder which is no surprise...but I don't think this means much of anything at this point. I'd want to see other guidance actually endorsing this perfect medium between a stronger shortwave but also the PV grinding it up enough to keep it southeast for a narrow stripe of winter precip...

seems it's all or nothing with most of the members the last few runs...i.e. LP up near MBY or something sheared and way SE.

Lol...I wish it would happen. I get croaked on the GFS, but its a very low probability storm. The pattern is crap so this has to find a perfect medium between the meatgrinder PV to the NW and being too far SE.

At least there is an outside chance unlike the monster lakes cutters we've seen recently...but that's about all we can say on this system. It was hard to be any worse off than we were, so I guess even an outside shot is a nice change.

So was the Great Pumpkin Storm.lol I'm not expecting much but I do think, somehow, I'll pick up some snow this week. I remain optimistic about things moving forward toward Christmas.

Seriously, I don't get the rejoicing over one less warm day than originally anticipated....who gives a F**k...I'd rather a string of 70* days, then bitter cold followe dby warm and wet.

Horrific.

To each his own, but if you want strings of 70F days in winter then enjoy your new DC-like winter climo.

So was the Great Pumpkin Storm.lol I'm not expecting much but I do think, somehow, I'll pick up some snow this week. I remain optimistic about things moving forward toward Christmas.

Mostly because of climo...but the overall setup was not that bad for the Oct storm...we had a little block north of us. This pattern is garbage. Such a narrow window for accumulating snow...so I'm betting against it.

We might have some flurries in the air with the cold shots, but that is not exciting to track for most people. Most want realistic accumulating snow.

To each his own, but if you want strings of 70F days in winter then enjoy your new DC-like winter climo.

Do you enjoy cold rain.....I mean, I guess this way we at least have some small chance, but if you alloted me the opportinity to choose between the two forms of sensible weather, then I would go against the 23* sunshine\45*rain, rinse-repeat cycle.

I'll agree with this much.... Temps between about 35 and 60 are kind of useless.. Not warm enough for comfort and not cold enough for good snow.

That's the DC winter...useless wx and 90% of the time no snowcover. 100 year winters like 09-10 excepted.

But 70F during Christmas season is depressing.

Do you enjoy cold rain.....I mean, I guess this way we at least have some small chance, but if you alloted me the opportinity to choose between the two forms of sensible weather, then I would go against the 23* sunshine\45*rain, rinse-repeat cycle.

Tipper said yesterday we should embrace windy rainstorms as exciting wx ..... and if we don't ...then we need a sociologist. LOL

..anyway off to the Troy, NY Victorian Stroll.. Ehh I guess the 50F won't be too bad, but unchristmaslike.

I know this month is going to blow when a cold rain imby represents the pinnacle of this regime.

I'll agree with this much.... Temps between about 35 and 60 are kind of useless.. Not warm enough for comfort and not cold enough for good snow.

That's the DC winter...useless wx and 90% of the time no snowcover. 100 year winters like 09-10 excepted.

But 70F during Christmas season is depressing.

I agree about that.

Our daughter's bat mitzvah is on 12/17 with activites related during the entire weekend. It's the pinnacle of her intellectual and spiritual development to this point in time and will put me temporarily into the poor house. That's the one time I hope is dry with people traveling to the event from far and wide.

Afterwards, I'm going to use some free hotel nights from all of my traveling and go to one of 2 places with the family probably during the week of 12/26. Either NYC or Burlington, VT. It all depends on what the pattern looks like...

Archived