• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

2000-01 consisted of a great December and a couple of fluke storms in early 2001 that saved it from being a complete disaster of a second half. We were really lucky in 2000-01. For a lot of people in the GLs, the second half of that winter was like the second half of 2005-06.

Depending on your point of view, it could have been considered either really lucky or really unlucky. It was a Nina after all, one that had almost nothing after December.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000-01 consisted of a great December and a couple of fluke storms in early 2001 that saved it from being a complete disaster of a second half. We were really lucky in 2000-01. For a lot of people in the GLs, the second half of that winter was like the second half of 2005-06.

I just noticed why the 00/01 total is so low. The wx station archive starts on Jan.1.01

Looks like the highest single day total at UW was 3" on March 6.01.

:yikes:

I think they can - but betting this one completely objectively, I take the Badgers and give the 7.5 line but I'd never bet the game.

Friendly bet between Rivals I'd feel very comfy betting with my heart and 10 points.

Gonna have to cut the grass one more time. Just can't get it to go fully dormant yet and its been 3 weeks since last cutting.

Fail..

:thumbsup:

Uptown Waterloo is 130 miles northeast of Downtown Detroit. Hey, those totals look pretty decent. I was imagining about 20-30". It's just been a while since a 10" snowstorm in Detroit hasn't it. But, I'm sure it's probably been a long while since one here, too. Maybe Mike could answer that one.

We've had a handful of amazing LES bands. Only the odd minor one in the last two-three years. Would almost rather live in London hoping for six feet of snow in a week :weenie: .

I question it, too. Got the info off the university weather station summaries. Just tried to get back on the archives, but the site is having technical difficulties. Do you know of any other sources for local snow totals?

Edit: Here is the summary, just looked again and 22.8"... not 22.4" lol http://weather.uwate...r_2000_2001.csv

Are you kidding me? That's hilarious. You should do it, that way I'll know someone in the neighbourhood :thumbsup:

Southeast Michigan...Home to the quasi canucks/east-coasters/Midwesterners...= lots of complaining.

Michigan is great place though... We still make things here.

Advise...loose the foreign car if you got one. !!!

Made bigger bets in grade school..

Sparty is shoving it down Becky's throat :popcorn:

I can hear the grass growing outside.

Guess we'll have to set the furnace to fire up to keep it at 56 for the first time next week.

Disaster for Wisky college basketball and football...and this winter. At least you have the Packers...

Disaster for Wisky college basketball and football...and this winter. At least you have the Packers...

You forgot MU, and btw b/w MU and UW, they have made the NCAA Tournament 19 straight times if you take their current streaks together (MU 6 times in a row, UW 13; I'm not sure any other state has two schools that can match that current streak, even UNC just missed the tourney two years ago).

You forgot MU, and btw b/w MU and UW, they have made the NCAA Tournament 19 straight times if you take their current streaks together (MU 6 times in a row, UW 13; I'm not sure any other state has two schools that can match that current streak, even UNC just missed the tourney two years ago).

It was sarcasm pointed at BowMe. Regardless, when one thinks of college basketball, Wisconsin is pretty far down the list. ;)

Uptown Waterloo is 130 miles northeast of Downtown Detroit. Hey, those totals look pretty decent. I was imagining about 20-30". It's just been a while since a 10" snowstorm in Detroit hasn't it. But, I'm sure it's probably been a long while since one here, too. Maybe Mike could answer that one.

Oh no, 20-30" would be a bad snow season for us. Actually, 30" would be bad, but 20" would put us at the 11th least least snowy winter on record. Current average is 42.7", but recent years as youve seen have been very good.

Hasnt been a while since weve seen a 10" snowstorm either. 10.2" on Feb 20-21, 2011, and 10.3" on Feb 1-2, 2011. Weve had some snowy times lately, just lacking that monster storm (13"+).

Your last 10"+ snowstorm was probably March 7-8, 2008.

Archived