• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

Unfortunately it happens allot more than it should. In times of desperation people put the emotions over common sense and reality. Its human nature.

The pattern looks fine IMO..yea it could use some tweaking but given the prospect of a looming arctic intrusion LES just might come alive and give a majority of the region something to talk about. Might even be able to squeak out a clipper or 2. We shall see...Still 4 more months of snow season..maybe 5 for some areas in the northern lakes.

No season can ever just be "canceled"

well said...

chi storm and thundersnow on there annual snowstorm chase :lmao:

post-2221-0-28270600-1323039436.jpg

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work, trixie. One yr you will stop being a young douche nozzle and bring more to the board that you're capable of. I look forward to that.

Come on...enough of this personal crap.

This is an intellectual forum, so correct grammar is important. We should all have the courage to advocate for it.

It's unfortunate that people don't know how to write correctly these days. Of course the attacks on poor writing don't need to be personalized (as we all make mistakes!), but good writing skills are important to the science.

Heck, I hate reading and writing as much as the next math/weather nerd...but come on.

When I was a math instructor at Northern Illinois University about 10 years ago, my greatest wish was that a student could write a coherent explanation or proof for something. Not many students could combine both good content and good grammar, and it was sad.

Ok, I'll step off the soapbox now. :)

Back on topic: referring to an earlier post in the thread...I dug up the numbers for ORD during DJF 1984-85. As suspected, it was an incredibly mild December, followed by bitter cold in January and February. Obviously it's still early in December 2011...but if this December ends up torching, at least we know that things can turn around in Jan. and Feb.

Here are the numbers:

Dec. 1984: +5 temp. departure, 6.6" of snow

Jan. 1985: -8 temp. departure, 18.9" of snow

Feb. 1985: -7 temp. departure, 13.3" of snow

When has Bowme claimed to be here for any other reason? He's just here to enjoy wx like many here including myself and brings some humor.. I'm pretty sure he'll tell you straight up he doesn't know that much about weather.. His main point is probably really about how you put down others here (Ex: WiscWx )when you are often guilty of doing the same exact things people like him do... Also you do come off as a bit arrogant at times..

Off my soapbox..

No no I am not in the same boat as him.

Calm it down folks. Thundersnow has nothing but good enthusiasm for weather, not sure what the insults are all about. Bowme you need to stop drunk posting. :thumbsup:

Kiss my ass. I'm taking this punk under my wings to be the best he can be. Not a douche nozzle - haha. I love the kid and his enthusiasm no doubt, but i need more 12-0 like Packers passion

Kiss my ass. I'm taking this punk under my wings to be the best he can be. Not a douche nozzle - haha. I love the kid and his enthusiasm no doubt.

Right, it didn't seem like it. Honestly whatever the hell it was both need to stop. If you are taking him under your wings, PM him. Any more posts on any if this will be deleted.

Resume the December disco.

Right, it didn't seem like it. Honestly whatever the hell it was both need to stop. If you are taking him under your wings, PM him. Any more posts on any if this will be deleted.

Resume the December disco.

Lack of anything really snowy to track and being sober sucks. What sucks even more is we pretty much lost all of our red taggers (Iowa, you and hoosier to some woman) now, too.. We need the likes of thunder to bring it even more now like a pro and I know its in him to leave the little weenie annoyances like me aside.

Lack of anything really snowy to track and being sober sucks. What sucks even more is we pretty much lost all of our red taggers (Iowa, you and hoosier to some woman) now, too.. We need the likes of thunder to bring it even more now like a pro and I know its in him to leave the little weenie annoyances like me aside.

:rolleyes::lol:

See you guys in a week or so. It's probably best I don't get hung up on a pattern that is not producing atm. Hope there is some entertainment in weenie land for you guys, though (especially for you, Bowme, so you don't stick your foot in your mouth). j/k :thumbsup:

Wait, you are sober ? ;)

Kidding aside, I know how crappy weather can have an effect on state of mind, but no reason to get angry about it. Nothing we can do. If you folks keep having off topic discos on the crappy weather we might just have to start a banter thread :ee: Thundersnow is a smart guy, he will be carrying the banner in no time.

Alright, seriously, no more thread derailment.

:rolleyes::lol:

See you guys in a week or so. It's probably best I don't get hung up on a pattern that is not producing atm. Hope there is some entertainment in weenie land for you guys, though (especially for you, Bowme, so you don't stick your foot in your mouth). j/k :thumbsup:

wake me up around the 20th like I said... Maybe we can actually hammer down during the biggest tourist week in winter for once of late.

Snowing up in Eau Claire and Wausau. Looks southern Wisconsin could get some precip this evening too.

Yeah with a bit of lake effect possible near Lake Michigan. Forecast isn't predicting accumulation, but it will be something in the air to look at least!

So this is how its going to look like in a mild winter... :popcorn:

We should just make a bitter thread so we all could just let loose. Kind of like therapy session through out this potential crappy winter

lol Ive long figured out that if we DO get hit by a very mild or low snow winter, the board would be chaotic. But I think a lot of this is just the usual/annual early season jitters. A gripe thread actually wouldnt be a terrible idea in a crappy winter, however December 5th is way, WAY too early to make that call. And as spoiled as most of us have been lately, no, climo does NOT count as a crappy winter :lol:

Wait, you are sober ? ;)

Kidding aside, I know how crappy weather can have an effect on state of mind, but no reason to get angry about it. Nothing we can do. If you folks keep having off topic discos on the crappy weather we might just have to start a banter thread :ee: Thundersnow is a smart guy, he will be carrying the banner in no time.

Alright, seriously, no more thread derailment.

Yeah, sober going on 3 weeks now.. I call BS on having to give up drinking while trying to pop one out but w/e.. play along gladly.

Not mad, but def need a banter/obs thread IMO. It just works so well in SNE and we can get to know each other a lot better and maybe one day soon we can actually get a GTG planned and attended and not just talk about it.. we're all not much more than 3 hrs away from aleks penthouse to crash.

TS is gushing talent like others that aren't even in school for weather on here. I realize how us few weenies can get on the nerve, but just deal with it without a trixie tude if possible, we're really not all that bad and mean well.

Anyways lets just enjoy what we;re blessed with and move along through the holidays. Things can't get much worse and its only the beginning of cold season. I, weenie, like what things January on through March bring.

Yeah, sober going on 3 weeks now.. I call BS on having to give up drinking while trying to pop one out but w/e.. play along gladly.

Not mad, but def need a banter/obs thread IMO. It just works so well in SNE and we can get to know each other a lot better and maybe one day soon we can actually get a GTG planned and attended and not just talk about it.. we're all not much more than 3 hrs away from aleks penthouse to crash.

TS is gushing talent like others that aren't even in school for weather on here. I realize how us few weenies can get on the nerve, but just deal with it without a trixie tude if possible, we're really not all that bad and mean well.

Anyways lets just enjoy what we;re blessed with and move along through the holidays. Things can't get much worse and its only the beginning of cold season. I weenie like what things will bring January on through March

I would be up for a banter thread, and your idea of a GTG is good, too. Unfortunately, we should probably discuss this in a banter thread. Should I make one?

Archived