joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on having zero meltdowns this winter. I mean if this one goes complete disaster, well the past 4 winters have been good...real good for some/a lot. There's a long history of crappy winters in between good runs...can't win 'em every year. But let's hope for the best in the future.

The way I'm looking at it, is if it's not cold and snowy then I'm saving money by not having to run the furnace.

I've signed up again this year to provide amateur radio support for the annual POCAR event. It is a 48 hour adventure race sponsored by the Purdue. Basically you cover 40-50 miles in 48 hours on foot finding a list of NAD84 Datum Points with nothing but a topo map and a compass. It is over the long MLK weekend in January.

Last year it had snowed prior to the race and was a bit chilly but nothing too bad. I will be very disappointed if it is mild for the event this year. I want fresh falling snow and wind!

I've signed up again this year to provide amateur radio support for the annual POCAR event. It is a 48 hour adventure race sponsored by the Purdue. Basically you cover 40-50 miles in 48 hours on foot finding a list of NAD84 Datum Points with nothing but a topo map and a compass. It is over the long MLK weekend in January.

Last year it had snowed prior to the race and was a bit chilly but nothing too bad. I will be very disappointed if it is mild for the event this year. I want fresh falling snow and wind!

Low 50's and sunshine. Enjoy. devilsmiley.gif

Archived