amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January is where it's at. December is shot for most of us.

First time for me on the board that a dec has been cancelled. spoiled.

I blame it on that old grey weatherfella... you know I love you ole man winter but your JB hypes of late have failed miserably. We still got plenty of time to look forward to in Jan+ and with the holidays coming time will fly. Big Big back loaded winter.

Haha, this is even getting to one of the local TV mets. He just posted this on FB...

Terry Swails

The latest US Models look pathetic for this time of year. Split flow, pacific air, and rain (if and when there is a potential storm). Right now the chances of a white Christmas appear to be slim and none. I've pretty much lost hope of snow at Christmas and I seriously think we will see above normal temperatures and below normal snowfall the majority of winter. Hope I'm wrong but that's my gut feeling. I'm really bumming......

Now February 5th-6th, 2008 is definitely a personal favorite of mine.

Only 3-5" fell in Detroit proper (amounts dropped off significantly south of here and increased significantly north of here), which isn't impressive, but the amazing part about it was that all the snow fell in 2 hours. It was also technically an overachiever, since intially only 1-2" was expected.

Much better storm locally than the GHD storm, President's Day 2011 storm and New Year Eve storm IMO.

Ahh the Super Tuesday storm, Mount Pleasant got hammered then. We didn't have school that day for the entire day, one of a handful of days that has happened at CMU in the last 30 years. I want to say we ended up with over 15" some parts near the Tri-Cities had almost 20".

5 out of the last 6 Decembers have featured double digit amounts for Chicago, so the getting has been good lately. The only other real comparison to a great string of Decembers was from 1972 to 1978 (all 10"+). I guess if you play the odds, a lackluster Dec was overdue. Though this one is especially crappy.

On the other hand, Chicago went 17 straights years without double digit December snow totals from 1910 to 1926. More recently, 1988 to 1999 had a streak of no double digit December totals.

After reading the last 3 pages from today, I am convinced we need snow in this region because the insanity that is setting in is a bit unnerving. Some people are about to jump off a bridge (12 days into December) and trolls are trolling freely offering absolute nonsense and garbage. Honestly I can't wait for more snow to hit region wide to give this forum some sanity back and this is coming from one of the few locales that actually is slightly above normal for snow so far.

After reading the last 3 pages from today, I am convinced we need snow in this region because the insanity that is setting in is a bit unnerving. Some people are about to jump off a bridge (12 days into December) and trolls are trolling freely offering absolute nonsense and garbage. Honestly I can't wait for more snow to hit region wide to give this forum some sanity back and this is coming from one of the few locales that actually is slightly above normal for snow so far.

Agreed strongly.

You know it's a warm winter when NWS forecasts frost in December ...

Overnight: Areas of frost before 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

LOL.

Makes you wonder if they were being a bit sarcastic lol. That's like mentioning forecast sunburn indices in June.

Good thing hairy balls banned me from the Vista models.. Fine with me in this pattern, thanks, bro. Jack's family would still like my money tho I bet. Hope you feel like the big man you're not, hairy.

Do what? I have not had anything to do with that in a while. Commoditywx/Matt Rogers took over all of that. huh.png I have zero control over accounts there and have not messed with any in almost a year and thus right after Jack passed on.

Archived