Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO!

Looks like warm and breezy conditions Wed and Wed night. GFS shows mid 50s at midnight with showers and maybe some thunderstorms.

lol - got me before I could edit my abortion grammar.

Furnace streak ended last night for sex purposes and to make sure it wasn't firing blanks like me so far. .. Felt like a sauna when the thermo reached 65.

I swear these 8-14 day outlooks are only presented on this forum when they show a torch. Now I know why some feel everyone has turned into Tropical/Cromartie.

Nonsense. Facts are it's going to be warmer than normal, on average, for the next 2 weeks. This is nothing new, nor should it be to anyone at this point. Of course it can also snow in that timeframe too...but the overall average is warm. Just the facts.

Nonsense. Facts are it's going to be warmer than normal, on average, for the next 2 weeks. This is nothing new, nor should it be to anyone at this point. Of course it can also snow in that timeframe too...but the overall average is warm. Just the facts.

You should be a fill in mod for, Hoosier becumming a daddy.

I'm not worthy.

Hoosier seemingly hasn't been around much lately, though I guess I'll chalk some (most?) of that up to boredom.

Saying he has about as much of a chance with the ladies or men like us snow lovers this winter do with snow?

I think he is getting some and just putting the geek aside or he would have posted some more Indiana Tornado anniversary threads by now.

Saying he has about as much of a chance with the ladies or men like us snow lovers this winter do with snow?

I think he is getting some and just putting the geek aside or he would have posted some more Indiana Tornado anniversary threads by now.

That's an interesting correlation...and kind of mean. Regardless, I have no idea what's he up to...hopefully he is falling in love right now or doing something productive outside this board, because this weather blows.

That's an interesting correlation...and kind of mean. Regardless, I have no idea what's he up to...hopefully he is falling in love right now or doing something productive outside this board, because this weather blows.

I'm a big meanie and going to aleet staff that you should be a mod.

What really ticks me off is the event after the cutter I had a feeling would at least be shunted south and thread the needle for the haves this young season to sneak out a little more.. Now it looks like I'll be soaping up the truck in cutoff jeans and a NA beer in a koozie.

The sad thing is, once the pattern does change, whether that be next week, Christmas, or the New Year, it's going to take a parade of frequent storms with varying criss-cross tracks to appease the snow lovers on this board. It's not like we're going to have some super storm that dumps on STL, MSP, MKE, ORD, CMH, PIT, DTW, IND, DSM, CLE, ANJ, CID, YYZ and so forth at the same time. It's going to either take some monumental Dec 2000 type month to make this board happy or else a large swath of the midwest will continue to suffer well into January.

I'm a big meanie and going to aleet staff that you should be a mod.

What really ticks me off is the event after the cutter I had a feeling would at least be shunted south and thread the needle for the haves this young season to sneak out a little more.. Now it looks like I'll be soaping up the truck in cutoff jeans and a NA beer in a koozie.

Well it was kinda mean. SE ridge rules for awhile. When do you get to go back on the sauce?

Wut, lol.. I guess this region doesn't do much joking around but nothing I said was meant to be, mean.

Only thing mean is me flooding the admins box with recommendations for you to be a, mod.

I'm joking obviously.

The mod shtik is getting old though. Did I openly campaign for it or something?

We need some snow.

11 days into MET Winter..........

Just saying..

EDIT..

Ill add that I agree this is a very frustrating start to Winter and looking at every model run is a challenge. But sometimes you need step back and look at the big picture. Its early.

lol, and for some of us 50 days into snow season.

Geez, it's only December 11th and everybody's already freaking out...

The near-term pattern (through Chirstmas/New Years) doesn't look good, but there's still 2-3 months of winter to go.

Everyone will get some type of accumulating snow, just be patient. Climo forces it on us.

Dec is the month I want snow to add to the festive. No **** it's going to snow when it's supposed to in jan and feb, but thanks.

And 90% of Bow's. While much of this December will be warm, I doubt it will be as torchy as PalmGuy hoped for.wink.png

I blame me for firing up the furnace this AM for today's torch and the not so great looking chances anymore for a thread the needle one.

At least the wife got drunk and now I have a card to use for a meltdown. This no drinking stuff has to burn down with the torch for good.

I was browsing through some old threads last winter, and came across what I wrote on Jan 22 in the general disco thread.

I wrote this on Jan 22...

"Another subzero night on the way here. Already down to 6. Looks like we'll bottom out around -4.

The weather pattern looks very uneventful for northern Illinois through early Feb."

Man was I wrong, as it was only about 10 days later we were hit with the huge GHD blizzard. Only a day or two after this the storm started blowing up on some of the guidance. As a bunch of you have already mentioned, things can and do change pretty quickly sometimes. Especially this time of year. guitar.gif

Archived