joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wow..New Eurotrash clobbers Lakes Region Late Thanksgiving weekend

wxhstn74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18z GFS pretty much stalls a sub-1000mb low in the north LP of michigan from 12z Sat. to Sun.,

I'm really interested in this. Looks like a LES dream. I'm dying to trailer my snowmobiles somewhere within 250 miles. Gaylord to Kalkaska is where I want the snow. Looks like. Warmup after that... So I might have to time this right.

12z ECMWF cuts it off too, though a bit farther north and east compared to the GFS.

Much of the GL/MW/OV see at least some snow, best accums over MN/WI/MI/IL.

Secondary SLP moves from Charlotte, NC to La Crosse. :guitar:

Lots of warm air wrapped in. That would be one of those weird situations where it's raining in Marquette and snowing in Chicago.

Lots of warm air wrapped in. That would be one of those weird situations where it's raining in Marquette and snowing in Chicago.

Warm is relative though. You know, some will see that and think widespread 60's and 70's. ;)

But your point is valid. Nature of these types of systems.

12z GFS certainly looks interesting. 0z Euro basically punted, we'll see if the 12z run brings it back.

Yep, right now it looks pretty likely it will cut off, moreso a matter of where/when. At least there's a storm to watch.

On second look, ECMWF gives NWOH a couple tenths of an inch of precip with 850s below -5, first snow I've seen on the ECMWF for here.

Really nothing more than a September cutoff. If the models right now are correct, which they probably are not someplace will see snow. That doesn't happen in september.

Yeah, I agree. Doesn't seem as moisture-laden, but the opportunity for a deformation band of light to moderate snow is more appealing than a chilly rain.

Kind of reminds me of the xmas '09 storm in a way on some of the guidance. Not as moisture laden or strong as that one, but the way the storm retrogrades northwest and loops is kind of similar. This is definitely gonna be entertaining/challenging to forecast over the next several days. :popcorn: (Might have to pop some real popcorn to eat while watching some of these model runs come out lol)

Looks nothing more than a September cutoff repeat right now. The fall looks to continue into december.

Yeah, not even close

interesting evolution being shown by the models, doesn't look to deliver anything too wild but it's better than nothing.

Just going off accupro maps, the ECM gave parts of Ohio over 10" of snow... lol worthy but nice to see rather than upper 40s and rain.

Archived