ON INTO THE END OF THE EXTENDED RANGE...AS WELL AS GO WITH SNOW OR

RAIN-SNOW MIX WORDING WITH ANY POP WINDOWS THAT ARE OUT THERE FOR

NOW. STAY TUNED FOR MODEL REFINEMENT/HOPEFULLY/ OVER THE NEXT 36-84

HRS REGARDING THIS POSSIBLY HIGH IMPACT PERIOD OVER THE WEEKEND AND

INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. ..12..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, we will see. The ECMWF was to far east on the trough axis. Even if we get some better allignments on the deformation side of it on the GFS, I think Ohio is to far east. More likely the most notable piece of information will be that parts of the deep south are colder than Detroit lol. So 40's and rain here we come, then a colder couple of days, then another torch as the models figure out that cutoff isn't going to sit there forever while the next goa low roars down the pike.

Hopefully we get a real winter pattern going around December 5-15 period.

First of all I think you missed my point. I just said that the ECM shows a decent storm, not saying that it's going to be Ohio. I doubt it will be.

But you are missing the fact that the ECM doesn't even have the Alaskan vortex after Day 10. Even though it's a weakly +EPO, it's a lot better pattern than what we've been seeing in November. Though this really shouldn't be in this thread

f240.gif. What GOA low?

Which is the point. Wait and see. Day 10 is irrevelant. It will change 100 times by then. Just relax and be calm. We have dealt with the rain all fall, what is a couple more weeks eh?

Meh, we will see. The ECMWF was to far east on the trough axis. Even if we get some better allignments on the deformation side of it on the GFS, I think Ohio is to far east. More likely the most notable piece of information will be that parts of the deep south are colder than Detroit lol. So 40's and rain here we come, then a colder couple of days, then another torch as the models figure out that cutoff isn't going to sit there forever while the next goa low roars down the pike.

Hopefully we get a real winter pattern going around December 5-15 period.

So its relevant here ^ ehhh?? ;) How about you follow your own advise and just relax and be calm instead of the persistent bitter trolling...

Pretty far out for a straight-forward setup let alone something complex like this. Basically it's going to be a while before I start to buy anything.

Yeah. The 12z GEM/NAM looked to be the first models to completely leave the s/w in the southwest behind. I'm not even going to bother with what's going to happen with this storm. I'd just like to see some snowflakes with this storm.

Yeah. The 12z GEM/NAM looked to be the first models to completely leave the s/w in the southwest behind. I'm not even going to bother with what's going to happen with this storm. I'd just like to see some snowflakes with this storm.

Not that it matters much, but the 12z NAM would not have left the southern s/w behind in the southwest as the GGEM did.

Pretty far out for a straight-forward setup let alone something complex like this. Basically it's going to be a while before I start to buy anything.

Boy did I open up a can of worms when i originally posted about this system (and more than one way ;-) lol. What a frigin mess. Here's part of the narrative out of NMC this

Tue AM 11/22 pmdepd and ain't it he truth!

NEARLY ALL GUIDANCE TO VARYING DEGREES INDICATES A BUILDING EPAC/WEST COAST RIDGE WHICH ALLOWS ADDITIONAL NRN STREAM ENERGY TO DRIVE SOUTHWARD AND PHASE WITH THE SRN STREAM SHORTWAVE COMING OUT OF THE BASE OF TEH PAC TROF INTO THE SOUTHWEST AND EVOLVE INTO A DEEP MID LEVEL TROF AS IT CLEAR THE ROCKIES AND STRONGLY SHARPENS IN THE MS VALLEY. BY LATE WEEKEND AND EARLY NEXT WEEK ALL DETERMINISTIC MODELS GFS/CMC/UKMET/NOGAPS/ECMWF HAVE AND CONTINUE TO INDICATE A CUTTING OFF OF THE TROF INTO A VERY SIGNIFICANT CUTOFF LOW. THE GFS SERIES HAS BEEN THE MOST CONSISTENT WITH THE ECMWF BEING THE MOST ERRATIC WITH THIS EVOLUTION FROM RUN TO RUN. ENSEMBLES OF GFS AND ECMWF HAVE BEEN SHOWING A MORE PROGRESSIVE NATURE TO THIS SYSTEM WHICH ADDS TO THE UNCERTAINTY BUT WITH THE PERSISTENCE OF DETERMINISTIC MODELS INDICATING AN ANOMALOUS SOLUTION AND HEAVIER WEIGHTING TOWARDS THAT TREND NEEDS TO BE ADDED. MINI MODEL ENSEMBLE/LAGGED AVERAGE FORECAST OF GFS/ECMWF INDICATES A CLOSING OFF OF THE MID LEVEL CENTER IN THE CENTRAL MS/LOWER OH VALLEYS LATE DAY 5 INTO DAY 7 SUN/TUES. MODELS USUALLY HAVE CONSIDERABLE DIFFICULTY HANDNG THE EVOLUTION OF AND MOVEMENT/LOCATION OF CUTOFF LOWS AND CONFIDENCE IS LOWERED BY DAYS 6 AND 7 MON/TUES.

Archived