• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving week transient cold shot and the pattern beyond

ORH_wxman

There still stands a chance I think. Both the GFS/Euro do want to pump up heights out west a bit more and deepen the trough here, however, both do this just a bit too late but just in time it appears to gives us some snows perhaps towards the end. One thing that happened with the Oct storm too was as we continued to get closer models began deepening that trough quicker and quicker...just something to watch over the next few days.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is mostly rain, still, until the back end of the storm. Hopefully it works out though...I'll be in Londonderry, VT during the storm system so I'm hoping for a more northerly track...although it seems like a lose-lose situation where we lose the majority of the cold air if the storm is farther north.

No it isn't that is a good snowstorm in NNE and a rush to the coast flash over. I am very impressed at the progged conditions on the Cape with 850's at -10, 45-50 MPH winds. This depicted is a very strong storm .

No it isn't that is a good snowstorm in NNE and a rush to the coast flash over. I am very impressed at the progged conditions on the Cape with 850's at -10, 45-50 MPH winds. This depicted is a very strong storm .

The h85 0c line gets pretty far north, man. What I'm trying to say is that it's pretty warm -- but you are correct in the assertion that it's strong. Northern stream shortwave dives in around 150hr and the cold air gets in on the back end of the system...followed by some strengthening offshore.

The h85 0c line gets pretty far north, man. What I'm trying to say is that it's pretty warm -- but you are correct in the assertion that it's strong. Northern stream shortwave dives in around 150hr and the cold air gets in on the back end of the system...followed by some strengthening offshore.

Who knows right now where it ends up, Every model run has a differnce of being further north or south depending on how potent or not the wave on the front becomes, Will be plenty of shifting around the next few days aomeone up this way is more then likely going to see snow out of it

Yep NNE makes out well though. definetly not anything south of Dendrite verbatim, but the areas I hope get some are Ski areas in NNE.

Yep NNE makes out well though. definetly not anything south of Dendrite verbatim, but the areas I hope get some are Ski areas in NNE.

No doubt. I'm hoping we get some ski areas some snow.

The shortwave/vorticity being embedded within the flow the way that it is essentially gauruntees that we will have significant model differences leading right up to the event.

No doubt. I'm hoping we get some ski areas some snow.

The shortwave/vorticity being embedded within the flow the way that it is essentially gauruntees that we will have significant model differences leading right up to the event.

I know but its fun to me to see the Euro depiction for at least 12 hours. This would be very impressive for Messsenger and CC.net. That would be worth a road tip for me.

This is a progressive pattern.. so it will amp only to a certain point. I'd feel good north of the mass border. mass pike south it's looking to amped on both models at this point for next week's storm as modeled now. Better pattern incoming though per weeklies and i'd say week 2 of december looks like a change in the pattern at this point.

Good times ahead.

Archived