• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
National Grid Points the Finger

Chrisrotary12

Thanks to the article posted here (Worcester paper), we almost got pulled into the fray. Channel 4 (WBZ) was on its way here to interview the WCM, but they cancelled at the last minute. They were interviewing the MEMA comms guy instead. PHEW!!!!

IMHO, total BS!!!

--Turtle

Somewhere there is an NGRID CEO running a magnet over his hard drive to erase the night several days before the storm when he/she was surfing the web and stumbled upon American Weather Forums ...where and when several Meteorologists posted heavily word concerns about the impact on the power infrustructure from DCA to PWM...

WBZ used this story as their main lead in tonight arrowheadsmiley.png. Turned the channel so I don't know exactly how they reported it.

But cmon from the article - historic, extreme and unprecedented - what more do they want? Maybe Kevin does need to do some guest AFD writing when we get hit by one of these storms after all.

WBZ used this story as their main lead in tonight arrowheadsmiley.png. Turned the channel so I don't know exactly how they reported it.

But cmon from the article - historic, extreme and unprecedented - what more do they want? Maybe Kevin does need to do some guest AFD writing when we get hit by one of these storms after all.

The NWS was pretty bullish early on too...more bullish than most TV networks in MA at about 36h lead time.

I wonder if NG uses DTN also.

Naw, he nailed it. What he “missed” was the apparent sub-par state of the infrastructure in CT, which seems to have been a major contributing factor to the damage that occurred in that state.

I saw the forecast, put gas in my automobiles, and parked my truck away from the trees that overhung the driveway, bought a new snow shovel, and moved the snow blower from the shed to the garage. The only thing I didn’t do was buy a generator. Seems like most of the tree damage occurred before there was even 6 inches of snow, we lost power after about 3-4 inches of snow.

• 1 month later...

Archived