Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
National Grid Points the Finger

Chrisrotary12

Just based on this reply, I figure I won't have to read. :lol:

“All of those decisions are based off of forecasts that were fundamentally missed by the meteorologists,” Mr. King said. “They missed the amount of snow, and they missed the weight of the snow.”

you can not make this shi t up. What are these utilities made up of? They did not see what happenned in PA and Denver with 4 inches of snow? Mind boggling really, face it folks we are totally fubar if a major hits. Seriously if you have not already, make provisions for weeks without power as a standby. It has become obvious the ability of utilities to preform preventative maintainence and to accurately prepare is long gone.

According to the article National Grid employees 16,000 people and 1.2 million customers in Mass alone. I would think it would employee at least a handful of its own Mets to forecast events that could affect its grid? Maybe they just sub out but I wouldn't they use a private firm and not just rely on the NWS???

One of the funnier comments was when the article talked about "although meteorologists used words like historic and unprecedented...." LOL.

The forecasts up here mentioned massive power outages. Although he was off in his snow amounts..Matt Noyes had a huge portion in the area under massive power outages. It's a complete joke.

I'm glad Ryan responded to this in his blog, but I'd really like to know/ see other mets defend this type of b.s. '

The few comments at the end of the article are great, and for the most part slam this woman.

Here's one:

Weather forecasters indicated on Wednesday that this would be a major storm with high snow amounts and high winds. The public knew this. Why didn't National Grid contact people to bring in then. I absolutely reject their statement of starting on Friday - they are two days late and more than a dollar short. Marcy Reed, you are a great company spokesperson, not someone who stands for the job needed to be done for the residents.

I hope the general public is smart enough to see this statement (by National Grid) as bs... some of the comments in the Telegram support the mets and call out the power company's leadership for their ineptitude.

I would love for them to show evidence of any met service underestimating the potential impact of the storm. What a joke.

Kevin, Tolland in the NYTIMES

http://www.nytimes.c...questioned.html

Well that will certainly bring more people to our town now. The secret of Tolland has been completely let out of the bag.When you're one of the top small towns in the country year after year..it happens. But that does nothing for us in terms of gettng power restored quickly

Well that will certainly bring more people to our town now. The secret of Tolland has been completely let out of the bag.When you're one of the top small towns in the country year after year..it happens. But that does nothing for us in terms of gettng power restored quickly

Tollands extreme elevation giving altitude sickness should be enough to keep its rating down

Your ranking will surely go down after the crime spree.

Kevin, Tolland in the NYTIMES

I thought this part of the article was an eye opener to say the least:

It is not unusual for customers and public officials to complain about prolonged electrical failures, but oddly enough one customer in particular welcomed the storm and even the outages. Kevin, known worldwide as CTBlizz seemed to be the one person who enjoyed not having power for days on end. "The storm was unlike any we had ever experienced during this time of the year. In fact it was a storm of epic proportions". Kevin continued to discuss how his knowledge of weather (although not a meteorologist), had helped him prepare for the impending doom, and that he even warned CL&P. "If only CL&P had followed me on Twitter. They know who I am I am sure of that from my Tweets", Kevin said. "If only folks had listened to me. I was sending tweets about the seriousness of this, and was calling for 12-24 inches of snow. I was right." He added. While being snowbound in a house for multiple days may not seem like something most people look forward to, Kevin seemed to get a rise out of the situation. When asked if he'd want to experience the whole thing again his immediate response was, "Yes, it was all worth it", followed by what seemed to be an evil sounding laugh, and his final words, "When will it snow again". Another interesting point to note is that this storm just happened to coincide with Kevin's birthday. While others are, and will continue to be upset about this latest bout of “bad”, untimely weather, and another CL&P failure, Mt. Tolland Kevin looks at this as one of the best birthday presents ever.

Archived