Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Predict the first widespread snow and/or ice event for the southeast

tnweathernut

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first widespread snowfall will be the week of December 12th. Cold air will be firmly entrenched and a strong low pressure will form in the Northern Gulf and bring widespread snowfall mostly along and south of I-20. Widespread 3-6" in a band from Jackson,MS to Atlanta GA and points south. The snow will fizzle out by the time it gets to the Carolinas leaving them high and dry.

Just like last January! RDU got screwed on that one.

Hey, thats not fair, we avg more than (at least areas to my west) you. :arrowhead: One can kind of grasp at that, NE GA, NW SC, and W NC are always the bell winners from SE perspective... And odds are these three regions are going to be in with the first widespread event of the season! :snowman:

You NC folks are great! If I could get a job up there I'd move and build a house on the top of one of those high mountain peaks. :snowman: Good luck this season!

December 25-27 2011. Widespread 3-6 inches of snow from Pensacola Florida extending Central to Southeast Georgia :D from a bombing gulf low that goes out to sea after Crossing the Florida/Georgia border. :lmao: South Carolina may get in on a few inches. But no one else does. :D

To get a historic snow like this to include most of SE GA, the surface low will almost have to cross over FL well south of the FL/GA border...say entering around Tampa and exiting around the Melbourne to Daytona area per other historic storms' tracks (1914, 1973, 1989, etc.) It wouldn't be cold enough if the surface low is near the GA/FL border. That is more likely to give widespread 3-6" to places like ATL, AHN, Greenville, Columbia, Charlotte, and much of NC.

• 1 month later...

Columbia is fastly becoming the new snow capital of SC, with that said I hope us coastal guys can cash in this winter. Im calling Jan 3-4 for first big region wide event. general 6-9" on the I-20 corridor from ATL to FLO on up the I-95 corridor to VA line. lesser Amounts west and east of that line

Bump, this could be the winner here.

Archived