Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Predict the first widespread snow and/or ice event for the southeast

tnweathernut

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone gets a decent winter in the southeast this year I'm putting my money on the mountains of TN and NC of course. Outside those areas I think this is the season for most of TN and KY. If I had to guess I'd go with January 15th - 17th in this general area which matches the area where I think has the best chance at a decent season.

This time frame is looking better and better imo ,we shall see.

If anyone gets a decent winter in the southeast this year I'm putting my money on the mountains of TN and NC of course. Outside those areas I think this is the season for most of TN and KY. If I had to guess I'd go with January 15th - 17th in this general area which matches the area where I think has the best chance at a decent season.

fail

While I've already made a prediction, that was last year and for last year. This year I'd like to try again, and maybe several dates, so I'll have more of a shotgun chance, lol. So....Jan 25, Jan 30, Feb 5, Feb 12, Feb 17/18 (huge sleet), Feb 22 (snow/sleet). I'd do a few more, for Mar, and April, but my Magic 8 ball broke. All it says now is ..."idiot", lol. T

I am seriously doubting any widespread winter event across the SE event unless a storm roars up the coast. I think any event will be very regionalized...and that type of event will likely happen this winter season. As for a southeast widespread event, I'll go January 2013. Edit: There may be more than one regionalized event.

Archived