amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Oct Banter/Obs IV...........

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was walking the dog early this morning in the park, leaves were drifting down. I cowered under a bench. The dog was brave though....

To be sure, the blowing leaves are as frightening as the lightning strike in the backyard--and nearly as deadly.

It's finally beginning to spit rain a little here. Only took the shield 1/2 an hour to make it the last five miles.

Top gust to 14mph (almost typed 40, lol). 53.5/45

It is cool to watch some low topped convection develop and race WSW in the E/NE flow in the boundary layer. Saw it earlier in the radar loop from OKX.

Some of that seems evident at home too. Every now and then we get a quick 2 min heavier shwr. Been steady rain since mid morning here.

Some of that seems evident at home too. Every now and then we get a quick 2 min heavier shwr. Been steady rain since mid morning here.

It actually reminds me of OES type enhancement during snow events. Many times down this way and off to the s-shore...you get these bursts of S+ embedded in the heavier echoes.

I don't know what it is....that pic just cracks me up.

lol that pic is hilarious.

That 12z OKX sounding you posted earlier shows the potential with a stronger inversion near the surface and the unstable layer above it. Ducting layer in the stable near surface air while it's unstable above the inversion to prevent the wave from dispersing.

Seeing the echoes on radar on the lowest tilt tells you that the GWs are occurring within 1 or 2kft of the ground.

Archived