Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Oct Banter/Obs IV...........

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's colder in my living room (where my Davis has been sitting all afternoon) than it is on Mt. Tolland.

59.2/52

I need a thicker shawl..

Tree work is now done. As soon as my delayed 3:00p.m. meeting is done, I will replace the station. With the trees that have come down, I might even eek out some better wind readings.

down-shawl-146.jpg

10/23/02 and 10/23/03..lol. What are the odds of that...getting snow on both of those days.

That's up there with the DC Dec 5 coincidence. After the early 2000s I almost began to expect snow in October.

10/29/00 stands out to me too. I remember a WWA going up for the Monads. 28F and 3/4SM snow for AFN at 1pm is impressive. I remember freezing my ass of the night before in BOS at a B's game. The winds had to be gusting 40+ at times between buildings with temps in the 30s.

That's up there with the DC Dec 5 coincidence. After the early 2000s I almost began to expect snow in October.

10/29/00 stands out to me too. I remember a WWA going up for the Monads. 28F and 3/4SM snow for AFN at 1pm is impressive. I remember freezing my ass of the night before in BOS at a B's game. The winds had to be gusting 40+ at times between buildings with temps in the 30s.

And they were off to the races..lol. My old boss had pics of his yard in New Ipswich NH after the March 01 storm. The snowpack was just epic.

56/38, a high of 57 (54 @ 2k), nice afternoon

I'm starting to think your area isn't even representative of the East Slope you lucky dog. I am pretty jealous you live in such a cold spot :thumbsup:

To be fair to the East Slope...

Peru (1,900ft)... high 56F

Chester (1,450ft)... high 58F

Beckett (1,400ft)...high 60F

Hey MPM! Look to your south.See the hot air balloons?

Just took a quick glance and don't see them, but I've got a barn blocking part of the view from my office.

Finished hooking the station back up. It''ll take a little bit to adjust from the living room temp it's had all afternoon (though it was chilly in there). 8 trees down, hopefully my wind readings will a little more realistic.

I'm starting to think your area isn't even representative of the East Slope you lucky dog. I am pretty jealous you live in such a cold spot :thumbsup:

To be fair to the East Slope...

Peru (1,900ft)... high 56F

Chester (1,450ft)... high 58F

Beckett (1,400ft)...high 60F

The sun finally broke out and temps have gotten a degree or two bounce. A brief clearing last night allowed temps to drop into the 30's . Cool place to live in more ways than one.lol

Interestingly I have not commented on this storm but you Mets flip flop more than a flounder on a sand bar. SnowNH- you better be careful, your virga run may not be over.

I think they might be a tad bit under with the rainfall on this storm. Looks like e mass,ri, and parts of ct will get 1 to 2 inches out of this.

The sun finally broke out and temps have gotten a degree or two bounce. A brief clearing last night allowed temps to drop into the 30's . Cool place to live in more ways than one.lol

Gorgeous day today, work and later stacking wood was a pleasure! So ORH's normal high is 58, I am guessing yours would be around 54/55 at most, looks like a +7ish day for you with overnight lows added.

Back on planet earth, a rather chilly day honestly, all things considered in this what could be possibly historic autumn across New England.

18 October the year 11

BOS +9

BDL+8

PVD +5

ORH +5

Tomorrow looks closer to average but then again mins will be up so who knows, Thursday is an all out torch, really looking forward to next week with some possible colder than normal temps!:thumbsup:

Nice... dude I'm totally with you. I would love to live in your climate if I lived down in SNE. I'm not sure I could deal with the drive-time to real skiing though... although B'East is a good spot to be when its dumping ;)

Yeah we didn't clear out at all last night and had some rain overnight, kept me from dropping no lower than 45F. High today so far has been 54F.

We were +10F for the low, but -2F for the high. Nice to have a below normal high temp, but the daily is still +4F. It is a step in the right direction.

Nice... dude I'm totally with you. I would love to live in your climate if I lived down in SNE. I'm not sure I could deal with the drive-time to real skiing though... although B'East is a good spot to be when its dumping ;)

Yeah we didn't clear out at all last night and had some rain overnight, kept me from dropping no lower than 45F. High today so far has been 54F.

We were +10F for the low, but -2F for the high. Nice to have a below normal high temp, but the daily is still +4F. It is a step in the right direction.

Dude, real skiing is a 9 hour flight away. My house to the MRG base is 2.5 hrs. Satellite radio and a little attitude adjustment makes it a piece o' cake. I have carved out a bunch of awesome trails around the house and with Thunderbolt and B'east a few minutes away its pretty sweet.

Dude, real skiing is a 9 hour flight away. My house to the MRG base is 2.5 hrs. Satellite radio and a little attitude adjustment makes it a piece o' cake. I have carved out a bunch of awesome trails around the house and with Thunderbolt and B'east a few minutes away its pretty sweet.

Can you get a wx station and link it up to the mesomap site so we can see your temps real time?

We could chip in for one at the next GTG

MPM knows how to hook it up.

How are the legs feeling?

He's a multi millionaire builder..You think he can't afford a 500.00 wx station?

I think it would be cool to be able to monitor his obs real time instead of on a round window sill thermometer.

Legs are still a little sore...Running resumes tomorrow morning. Just a short 5 miler

Archived