• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First real look at cool temps discussion

Ellinwood

So I assume these are quality posts that you felt added to the substance of your brilliant thread? Get your panties in a wad about the soon-to-be endless 384hr GFS blizzard threads/posts. Otherwise relax. The starter of a thread is not a moderator of that thread.

I never said those were good posts, but at least they aren't posting 300+ hr maps.

All I'm asking is to not spur the weenies with the long range fantasy maps... it's not winter yet. Weenies post the 300+ hr maps, not mets (at least the vast majority of the time, anyway).

-----

MOS still hovering around the 50 mark for DCA tomorrow night... a few degrees warmer for Saturday morning. GFS is actually colder than the NAM by a degree (at 49). IAD and BWI in the mid/upper 40s Friday and Saturday nights according to MOS... FDK in the lower 40s both nights.

The raw GFS numbers have a low of 44 at DCA tomorrow night... 51 Saturday morning.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said those were good posts, but at least they aren't posting 300+ hr maps.

All I'm asking is to not spur the weenies with the long range fantasy maps... it's not winter yet. Weenies post the 300+ hr maps, not mets (at least the vast majority of the time, anyway).

There's no rule against it. It was done for fun. You need to lighten up.

Nah, I prefer more sound discussion.

There's a reason why the thread title is "first real look" ...emphasis on the real.

Good grief. Get over yourself or go find somewhere else to talk about weather. This is a message board. Not work. If folks want to post the 360 hr maps, so be it. It's not hurting anyone around here. Most know to view them with a grain of salt. Just leave it be.

Good grief. Get over yourself or go find somewhere else to talk about weather. This is a message board. Not work. If folks want to post the 360 hr maps, so be it. It's not hurting anyone around here. Most know to view them with a grain of salt. Just leave it be.

Feel free to start your own topic to put all of the nonsense (goes out to any of the dissenters). You all seem more worked up that I asked for better quality than I am about having junk posts.

All I did was ask (nicely for once) that this thread hold onto some form of reality.

-----

Looking at DCA, it's hard to find a way to make it go below 50. Skies will clear out tonight, but mixing will prevent temps from really tanking (unless the dewpoints are completely off... showing around 40 on NAM and GFS). Clouds move back in tomorrow night, insulating the area as dewpoints start to climb back up.

WOOOO!!!! 0 line is close!!!

The front is through out here. NNW winds gusting to 18 mph. Temps have fallen from 69 early this morning to 59 currently as a very, very weak squall has just passed. It's wonderful out. All I want to do is go home and sit on my porch and enjoy it, but have the rest of the day to get through at work and have class afterwards :angry:

Crap. Wrong thread.

Archived