• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Lee Obs.

HWY316wx

Ended the day at 3.82 inches in Southern Fannin County Georgia...more than I expected after the slow start this morning for sure. ''

Most of that (3 inches) fell between 4pm and 7pm. Sorry to all that got skipped over so far with this one...I completely sympathize, having been skipped over for most of the past 2 months!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is apicture I took of a wicked looking cloud this evening in the Fairview area in Union County.When I said I wanted to get a little closer to see what exactly it was he said "Most people go away from things like that,not towards it." LOL..he just doesn't get it.

:lol: Nope....some people just don't get it :lol:

that came right over me a couple minutes ago..about the heaviest rain I've ever seen. I'm well over an inch in the Cocorah's gauge.

:thumbsup: I think I need to move toward your neck of the woods :lol:

0.19"

.23 here as I once again got sideswiped by a warned cell that knocked down some trees in Pelion (10 miles to my west) If the 18z GFS is correct that will probably be all I get this week. :(

.35's worth of tropical drizzle. Oh, well, at least it wasn't 90+.... and the tornado went by just to the nw again. The ground is damp, and for a few minutes during the evening, I had a puddle in the yard. Small, fleeting..but I saw it :)

Congrats to those that saw lots more! Maybe some day soon the shaft will shift away from south of Atlanta, and we'll get good precip. down this way again. T

:lol: Nope....some people just don't get it :lol:

:thumbsup: I think I need to move toward your neck of the woods :lol:

.23 here as I once again got sideswiped by a warned cell that knocked down some trees in Pelion (10 miles to my west) If the 18z GFS is correct that will probably be all I get this week. :(

wow, good thing you did not get the worse part, I guess.

Really sucked here... .82" total here

Yeah that is a total bummer. Disappointing to say the least.

Ended the day at 3.82 inches in Southern Fannin County Georgia...more than I expected after the slow start this morning for sure. ''

Most of that (3 inches) fell between 4pm and 7pm. Sorry to all that got skipped over so far with this one...I completely sympathize, having been skipped over for most of the past 2 months!

Wow...you more than doubled me and we can't be 30 miles apart as the crow flies. I bet the upslope enhancement of the moisture going over the 3000+ ft spine of the apps just north of me did the trick for you because you are pretty much due north of me so whatever you got probably came thru me and was enhanced as it lifted over the chain.

Just passed 10 inches on the dot and it is raining the hardest it has all day. Like spraying a hose on concrete.

I guess I won my bet that you would get at least 1-2 more inches. LOL.

This is my last report as I am heading off to bed. Ended up with 1.45" here in Dahlonega with a little bit more to go. Honestly it was probably the best kind of rain I could have wished for as it rained literally from sun up to sun down and was mostly light and steady so most of it probably soaked in which was very much needed up here.

Here is my last map post for GA for total rainfall as of 10pm.

post-347-0-35332800-1315275326.png

Winds IMBY from the surface to 850mb are due south with 850 winds near 30 kts...true upslope flow is kicking in for the first time the whole event. That should ring out numerous showers the rest of the night...

I agree. For the first time during the event, radar echoes resemble a true upslope nature to the rains! Still more scattered in nature, but welcomed rains nonetheless.

I agree. For the first time during the event, radar echoes resemble a true upslope nature to the rains! Still more scattered in nature, but welcomed rains nonetheless.

Yeah...this has really been lacking for the whole event and probably was one of the factors in keeping the precip totals down area-wide. There are some 50 kt winds at 850 that could slide through here overnight which may result in one more brief surge of rain before the event ends tomorrow.

Wow...you more than doubled me and we can't be 30 miles apart as the crow flies. I bet the upslope enhancement of the moisture going over the 3000+ ft spine of the apps just north of me did the trick for you because you are pretty much due north of me so whatever you got probably came thru me and was enhanced as it lifted over the chain.

I think that's exactly it, I'm at 2000 feet here, but there's a peak just to my south that must have been wringing the air out for me. :)

Yeah...this has really been lacking for the whole event and probably was one of the factors in keeping the precip totals down area-wide. There are some 50 kt winds at 850 that could slide through here overnight which may result in one more brief surge of rain before the event ends tomorrow.

I think that the fact the surface front got hung up north of VA instead of coming on down into the Carolinas threw a monkey wrench in the mechanics for the quote perfect setup. Still pretty good rains area wide when all is said and done, but this side of the crest of the apps not as heavy a punch as what could have been. I may be jumping the gun, but we will have to count on instability to trigger the big rains more so than synoptics..

This is my last report as I am heading off to bed. Ended up with 1.45" here in Dahlonega with a little bit more to go. Honestly it was probably the best kind of rain I could have wished for as it rained literally from sun up to sun down and was mostly light and steady so most of it probably soaked in which was very much needed up here.

Here is my last map post for GA for total rainfall as of 10pm.

This map is way off. It shows me getting about 2.5", and I ended up with exactly 4 inches. In fact, every rainfall map i've seen has underestimated the rainfall here.

The wind is more impressive than I thought it would be. A huge tree limb just came crashing down right next to the house and narrowly missed one of our cars. The wind had to of been gusting around 40-50 mph at the time that it happened. Rainfall has been somewhere around 2 1/2 - 3 inches so far as the rain shadow has done an effective job at keeping totals down here.

Archived