Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Lee Obs.

HWY316wx

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished up with 3.6 inches storm total...wasn't the huge total expected at one time but still a soaker. I'm just absolutely amazed at the feeder band still coming off the Atlantic all the way up from North Carolina to New York...and another piece that could connect down to Florida.

usa_None_anim.gif

as expected, the least rain fell in eastern GA to central SC. Hopefully that changes with possible Nate (the GGEM and 6z GFS bring it north) but too early to get excited about it yet. And once again, more rain fell just east of here. Seems like my area gets dry slotted quickly in this kind of tracking system.

post-38-0-09103900-1315480702.jpg

My final total was 11.60 after a full day of heavy mist Tuesday. Most I've ever recorded from a single storm and WAY under radar estimates. The radar here did not pick up a lot of heavy tropical rain. It would be pouring outside, but only show up as 20-25 dbz on radar.

Its incredible what trop. storms can drop. Your total in 24 hours (roughly) is exactly HALF of what fell here in all of 2007. Actually, its slightly more than half.

as expected, the least rain fell in eastern GA to central SC. Hopefully that changes with possible Nate (the GGEM and 6z GFS bring it north) but too early to get excited about it yet. And once again, more rain fell just east of here. Seems like my area gets dry slotted quickly in this kind of tracking system.

post-38-0-09103900-1315480702.jpg

.23 here :devilsmiley:

Eh, totals across Unicoi County averaged two inches or so. Not bad, but the setup wasn't quite what I expected or hoped for.

I grabbed this zoomed-in image so people from this area can look back in the archives for TS Lee amounts. Yes, the mountains were robbed on this side. The more that I look at it, the more stark it appears. Downsloping I'm sure was the culprit again. I was really surprised to see Kingsport go high w/ this one. For those of you who might not know where that is, we are the high amounts for NE TN on this map. Lee(a poster on the board, not the storm) is in SW VA where the larger amounts are. This is a great illustration of why predicting snow amounts in NE TN is so difficult. Two mountain ranges, Cumberland and Smokies, play havoc w/ systems....For all intents and purposes the mountains can cause upslope, enhanced snowfall or the opposite downsloping/rainshadow deal. Also, SE TN has had winterstorms, tornadoes, and high water. Big weather year for them - good and bad.

post-769-0-93836400-1315533796.jpg

Archived