amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Lee Obs.

HWY316wx

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the models, including the 18z NAM, showing absolutely no precipitation over these regions in the next 12 hours? What are they missing?

After its performance with Lee thus far, I wouldn't even bother looking at the NAM

as for folks in NeGA and Upstate South Carolina, lookout! As the Bulk Shear starts to move into the region with 1000-2000 J/Kg CAPE, things will start to ignite everywhere.

105s9x0.gif

Here's a picture from Brad Panovich of the tornado warned storm just south of downtown Charlotte around 4 pm.

http://twitpic.com/6gm2ku

It passed just to my south, definitely had some strong rotation aloft but it doesn't appear anything ever touched down.

Really nice wall cloud there.

Cell north of Eberton looks especially suspicious right now.

We haven't seen much tornado activity with the storms in NeGA and SC yet, but that will likely change in the next 1-2 hours as 40+ knot Bulk Shear continues to shift in from the west. This line is right on the edge of I-85 so as these storms continue to move NNE they are moving into a more favorable environment for rotation.

1611ehd.gif

After its performance with Lee thus far, I wouldn't even bother looking at the NAM

as for folks in NeGA and Upstate South Carolina, lookout! As the Bulk Shear starts to move into the region with 1000-2000 J/Kg CAPE, things will start to ignite everywhere.

heavy tropical showers the last 30 minutes or so - its really coming down :thumbsup:

Lucky for you its turning a bit to the right looks more like between Indian Trails and Monroe, and now there looks to be rotation right in Charlotte proper as well, you guys are going to get another round of storms up there in a hr as well.......

Still no warning on this cell. What are GSP people doing?

Archived